Best of the Bunch is a book blog hop hosted over at Always Lost in Stories on the last day of each month, where we can look back over the books we have read over this past month and give a Best of the Bunch award to our favorite book of that month.
This is my first time participating in this hop. I just couldn’t resist – it seems like such a great idea!!
This month I reviewed the following books:
- Storm by Brigid Kemmerer | Review | Rating 5/5
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins | Review | Rating 3.5/5
- Welcome to the Darkness by L.M. Justus | Review | Rating 4/5
- Spark by Brigid Kemmerer | Review | Rating 4/5
- The Witches of Dark Root by April Aasheim | Review | Rating 4/5
- Before Midnight by Jennifer Blackstream | Review | Rating 4.5/5
- Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder | Review | Rating 4/5
- The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle | Review | Rating 4.5/5
I absolutely LOVED this book and stayed up way too late reading it. Once I finished it, I immediately jumped into reading the novellas that went along with it and then book #2 in the series (which I also loved, but not quite as much as the first book). I am definitely looking forward to reading book #3 of this series as well – I just haven’t gotten my hands on it yet!
Click here to read my full review. (You will also find mini-reviews of the novellas at this link.)
And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.
Secrets are hard to keep when your life’s at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who’s hiding the most dangerous truth of all.
The storm is coming.