My Goings On in October:
- I attended the Fierce Reads tour and got to meet Marissa Meyer, Nikki Kelly, Gennifer Albin & Jessica Brody!
- I (almost) finished editing L.A. Starkey’s first two books. Watch for the upcoming blog tour for book #1 – Deceived.
Most Popular Posts:
Other Features & Discussions:
My 2014 Reading Progress:
(Looking at my books like this does give me a bit of a complex that I rate a bit too highly, but I do usually round up my half stars. Plus, I just usually enjoy books. Guess that’s just the way it is.)
My Favorite October Discussions on Other Blogs:
Kristen over at My Friends are Fiction asks If a book makes you ugly cry do you rate it higher?
Writing a book? Or participating in NaNoWriMo? Manda over at Elfswood has a ton of amazing character building resources here: On Writing: Guidelines and Resources for Character-Building
Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight wonders if she’s Too Easy to Please?
Anya over at On Starships and Dragonwings has some great advice on How to Get Me to Comment on Your Blog
Best of the Bunch is a book blog hop hosted over at Always Lost in Stories on the last day of each month, where we can look back over the books we have read over this past month and give a Best of the Bunch award to our favorite book of that month.
October 2014 Reviews:
Okay, I’ve gotten WAY less reading done lately, but I am coming to terms with this and I’m feeling okay about it. Mostly. This past month was great for me, so I’m not going to focus on the lack of reviews.
- Twelve by T.M. Franklin | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- Broken World by Kate L. Mary | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- Shattered World by Kate L. Mary | Review | Rating: 5/5
- Lailah by Nikki Kelly | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Keep Me Safe by Maya Banks | Review | Rating: 3.5/5
- Sacrifice by Brigid Kemmerer | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Invisible by Dawn Metcalf | Review | Rating: 5/5
- Lost in Starlight by Sherry Soule | Review | Rating: 3.5/5
- White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout | Review | Rating: 5/5
- Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- Stan by C.J. Duggan | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Bloodrealms by Aurora Whittet | Review | Rating: 4/5
- The Collectors’ Society by Heather Lyons | Review | Rating: 5/5
And October’s Best of the Bunch winner is:
There were a few books that I really loved this month, but I decided that The Collector’s Society was just so incredibly unique that it deserved the top spot!
After years in Wonderland, Alice has returned to England as an adult, desperate to reclaim sanity and control over her life. An enigmatic gentleman with an intriguing job offer too tempting to resist changes her plans for a calm existence, though. Soon, she’s whisked to New York and initiated into the Collectors’ Society, a secret organization whose members confirm that famous stories are anything but straightforward and that what she knows about the world is only a fraction of the truth.
It’s there she discovers villains are afoot—ones who want to shelve the lives of countless beings. Assigned to work with the mysterious and alluring Finn, Alice and the rest of the Collectors’ Society race against a doomsday clock in order to prevent further destruction . . . but will they make it before all their endings are erased?