Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Ah, see things are pretty much back to normal here at FYFA. I won NaNoWriMo on Sunday, which was incredibly exciting!! Now I just need to keep the momentum going and not forget about my book (since it’s not actually finished yet – but I did get the 50,000 words needed to win, which I wasn’t sure would happen for a while). This week was busy personally because my homeschool co-op musical theatre class had their final performance – it’s a big event that we plan for all semester long. It went wonderfully, and now I can breathe a little easier! Of course, the next day, I came down with a stomach bug (which my husband now has), but at least it held off until after performance night.
Still, I managed to get caught up on my blogging! Here’s what you may have missed this past week:
- Captive by Aimee Carter (review)
- November Wrap-Up and Best of the Bunch – Find out what my favorite November read was!
- Black Amaranth by Sasha Hibbs (Random Reads review)
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (review)
- Deceived by L.A. Starkey (top ten list & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win the first two books in the series!
- Let’s Discuss – I’m a Disorganized Blogger!
Next week on FYFA:
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (review)
- Zodiac by Romina Russell (review)
- Let’s Discuss – Why I’m Taking a Break from Blog Tours (Mostly)
- 2015 Book Blog Discussion Challenge Sign-Ups – Lots of reading challenges going up this time of year, but I thought it might be fun to mix things up a bit with a discussion challenge! Come join us!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight talks about DNFing in her post So You Want to Break Up with a Book and Cynthia from Bingeing on Books covers the same topic in her DNF review of The Bird Box.
- If you’re 18+ check out Maryse’s Book Blog for what has to be the most hilarious correction ever sent out by an author’s publicist – “You’ll Never Believe …” with Tiffany Reisz. I was just laughing and laughing over this!
- Kat over at Cuddlebuggery gives some tongue-in-cheek advice on How to Name your Blog.
- Caroline over at The Attic asks Are you a multiple book reader? and then over at Obsessive Compulsive Reader, the blogger writes about how she’s gotten herself into a jam with Reading Multiple Books At Once.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- One Wish Away by Kelley Lynn – Still time to enter to win one of two $10 gift cards!
- Paranormal Keepers by Jen Naumann – Still time to enter to win a signed paperback!
- The Shape of My Heart by Ann Aguirre – Still time to enter to win one of two signed sets of the entire trilogy!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Debut Author Giveaway Hop
- Cait is having a giveaway to celebrate her move to WordPress and her new blog name – Notebook Sisters is now Paper Fury!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!