Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
This week has been exhausting, mostly because I have a million things all going on at once. Trying to finish up a first edit, getting scripts and class descriptions going for my homeschool co-op musical theater and acting classes, and coordinating food for over 100 gymnastics judges, coaches and volunteers for my daughter’s upcoming home meet – I’ve been VERY busy!
Here’s what you may have missed this past week:
- Split Second by Kasie West (review)
- Dare by Allie Juliette Mousseau (giveaway & author top ten list) – Giveaway has ended, but pop over to read about Allie’s top ten addictions. This book made it all the way up to #24 in the Kindle Top Paid list and is holding strong! I’m so excited for Allie!!!
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (review & giveaway)
- Let’s Discuss – Why Authors Write Insta-Love (No, really – I think I know.)
Next week on FYFA:
- We Are the Goldens by Dana Reinhardt (review)
- In His Keeping by Maya Banks (review & giveaway)
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (review)
- Let’s Discuss – I Wasn’t Stressed About Blogging Until I Found Out I Was Doing it Wrong
Fun Twitter Moment:
Thanks to Tiff at Mostly YA Lit!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Over twenty new discussion posts have been linked up for the 2015 Discussion Challenge since last week! (plus lots more!!). Here are just a few of my favorites from this week – In defense of unhappy endings, What has blogging taught you?, and Mini Review/Discussion: All the Bright Places (but there are lots, LOTS more!!)
- Ashley over at NoseGraze posted a great discussion about ARCs in her post How Much of an Obligation do Book Bloggers Have?
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- 2015 Discussion Challenge January Link-up (& Giveaway) – Our challenge is underway! Check this post out throughout the month to read everyone’s discussion posts! And it’s not too late to join us (and enter the giveaway!)
- Atlantis Rising by Gloria Claw (blitz & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win one of three prize packs!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Wishful Endings – Enter to win an eBook prize package of five Month9Books of your choice!
- Dreaming of Books Giveaway Hop – Last chance to enter!
- January New Release Giveaway Hop – And one more hop! You have lots of chances to win this week!
- Lilybloombooks is celebrating her 2nd Blogoversary with a giveaway!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
LOL at that conversation.. Kids are so funny, aren’t they?
And holy batman – you are a busy woman!
I love Tarryn Fisher’s Love Me with Lies serious, so I should probably snag Mud Vein.
I AM busy! Overwhelmingly so right now, but it will get better after this weekend!
Your overheard conversation sounds like one I heard recently in the coffee shop which was NOT an appropriate discussion in a public place where you could be overheard.
Have a great week.
Uh oh. Yeah, sometimes people don’t necessarily think about what they say in a public place. These girls weren’t being inappropriate – just cute and giggly. 🙂
Wow you do sound busy! You are going to need a nice long reading break after all the hype dies down! Good luck with everything and congrats on the books. I am so excited you picked up Mud Vein! You are going to love it!
I know, right? Calgon, take me away!
Sounds like you’re really busy, I hope next week will be less busy for you. Will check out your discussion post next.
I hope you still have some time to read even though you’re busy! Enjoy your enw books!
This time of year is SUPER busy!!
Oh my gosh, that Twitter conversation is priceless. I would have been cracking up!
Happy reading to you this week, Nicole. I’ve heard great things about All Fall Down!
It was so hard not to laugh at them or make it obvious that I was hearing their whole conversation. I barely kept a straight face!
OOoh nice! Congrats on the win! I liked All Fall Down! It was an exciting read! Hope you enjoy it!
Here’s my STS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
I have We Are the Goldens on my kindle, but haven’t gotten to it. I’m anxious to see your review. I’m really wanting to pick up Mud Vein myself. I thought I was the only person that hadn’t purchased it yet!
When I saw that Mud Vein was on sale for 99 cents, I had to snag it!
I’ve picked it up myself now. Can’t say no to 99 pennies!!
That’s hilarious about the teen conversation…you overhear some crazy things sometimes.
Yes, I was trying SO hard not to laugh!
Bwahah that Twitter moment is funny! And wow, you have a LOT to do this week! My goodness, I guess I should enjoy my kids being too young to stuff, huh? Also, I can’t wait for your reviews, some of those books I have been really wanting to read 😉 Thanks for linking to my giveaway too!
And the discussion topic for next week sounds SO good, I am excited! Hope you enjoy the new books (All Fall Down sounds really great!) and have a good week!
Yeah, the busyness is just different at different ages. First, you’re busy all them time with taking care of them and then you’re busy with their activities!
Bahaha, that conversation you tweeted about sounds so funny. I am looking forward to your thoughts on Red Queen. That is one that I am looking forward to.
You can overhear some really interesting things in Starbucks! 🙂
Okay, I laughed WAY too hard at the coffee shop conversation. I’m a teenage girl, so these are my people – and for some reason, I’m really more proud than ashamed. 😉 Wishing you the best of luck for everything you have to do this week! It looks like it’s going to be a busy one, but definitely fun all the same.
Yes, as I was listening to their conversation, I kept thinking “This could easily be dialogue in a YA book!” See – you can relate! 🙂