Top Ten Books from the Last Three Years that I Consider All-Time Favorites
Oh, wow! Those of you who read my blog regularly know that I can’t choose a favorite of anything! Ten favorites, I guess I can handle, but even this is really hard. I’m going with books I’ve read in the past three years, not necessarily books that were published in the last three years.
- Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma – Whenever I’m asked the “favorite” question, this book is one of the first to come to mind. This book wrecked me – you can read about why I love books that make me cry here.
- Unwind by Neal Shusterman – Again, this book is always another book that instantly comes to mind when thinking of favorites. Easily one of the best dystopian series I’ve ever read. I love the moral implications and how much it made me think!
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – I’m sure tons of people count this one as a favorite! This was really my first dystopian (I was late to the game) and I loved it!
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover – Ironically, I rated this book 4.5 stars and I’ve rated other NA books higher. I actually plan on changing that, though because every time I think about my favorite NA book of all time, this is the book I think of. Despite a small issue that I had with the subject matter, it stands out to me more than any other NA book!
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson – This one stands out in my mind as well. I was so blown away by the twist that I loved it!!
- The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay – This is the book that stands out in my mind as my favorite dramatic contemporary, though there have been LOTS of others that came close!
- The Boys of Summer by CJ Duggan – There was just something about this book that really brought me back to my own teenage years and evokes really good (and some awkward) memories. I adore this series, but especially the first book!
- This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner – Definitely my favorite sci fi book that I’ve read in recent years!
- Rock Angel by Jeanne Bogino – This book was a little something different for me. It was a lot darker and grittier than the contmp that I usually read, but I loved it!
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers – This was the most recent read on the list. I tried not to choose too many books that I’d just read because they kind of have an unfair advantage and I don’t feel like I can categorize them as all-time faves yet. But I really loved all three books in this trilogy and I decided it deserved a spot!
So, what books make your all-time favorites list?