Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
I decided to lower my Goodreads reading goal. When I started out the year, I knew that the 200 goal probably wouldn’t happen this year because I just can’t get as much reading done now that I’m editing regularly, but I thought I’d just keep the goal and it wouldn’t matter. Of course, every time I see that little count that tells me I’m behind, it drives me crazy (if you read my discussion this week, you know I obsess over these little things way too much, right?). So, anyway, I just decided to change it to 150. Still a very respectable number.
Yesterday, the acting and musical theatre classes that I teach at our homeschool co-op had their final performances. The kids get a great job!!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog this past week:
- Reunited by S.J. Pajonas (review)
- Dare by Allie Juliette Mousseau (promo & giveaway)
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner (review & promo)
- Let’s Discuss – Why I’m (Maybe) Changing Some of My Ratings
- Arcane Forest Anthology (release day blitz & giveaway)
- The Ark by Laura Liddell (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a copy of the book!
- Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke by Anne Blankman (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win signed copies of both books in the series!
Next week on FYFA:
- Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby (review)
- Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman (review)
- Let’s Discuss – What I Did Instead of Changing My Ratings – Cause, yeah, I way over-analyze things and was already second-guessing myself by the time I posted last week’s post!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Don’t miss out on the fun discussions happening on the 2015 Book Blog Discussion Challenge! Make sure you check them all out! Here are just a few of my recent favorites:
- Tonyalee over at Lilybloombooks writes about Binge Reading and Series Burn Out.
- Joey over at Thoughts and Afterthoughts talks about Embracing Instalove In Post-Apocalyptic Settings.
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight talks about that book everyone else loves in So You’re a Black Sheep: How to Deal.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow – Still time to enter to win a fun swag pack!
- April 2015 Discussion Challenge Link-up & Giveaway – Link up your April discussions and enter to win a 2015 debut of your choice!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- YA Series Insiders is having a Pick Your Own April Giveaway!
- Lots of blogs participating in the April New Release Giveaway Hop!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!