Last TWO weeks on FYFA (and in my life):
I didn’t manage to put up a Sunday Post last week. It’s the first time that’s happened – maybe ever. But, trust me, I had good reason. These past two weeks have been insanely busy – like ridiculously, crazily busy. Actually, I could extend that to the past month, but …
Anyway, as most of you know, the week before last, I headed out to RT in Dallas. It was an amazing experience, and my days and nights were pretty much completely filled while I was there. You can read a recap and see some pictures here. Just for the heck of it, here are a few more random pictures from RT:
(Clockwise, from left to right – Ilona and Gordon Andrews, Harper Avon Paris Party, Me with Erin Knightley and Danielle from The Hollywood Billboard at the Steampunk Party, The Gas Monkey Bar & Grill, Hyatt Dallas, the Giant Book Fair, table decor from the Steampunk Party, one of the many decorated elevators, Christina Lauren at the Giant Book Fair)
Once I got back into town, I had to kick it into high gear to finish up a couple of editing projects for books that are being published at the end of this month. I’m out of crazy mode now, but just barely! Oh, and my kids and I visited an alpaca farm with a homeschool group that we belong to. Just take a look at these cute faces (my youngest was actually having fun, I swear – he’s just incapable of smiling for pictures without looking like an insane person, so I told him not to smile – trust me, if you saw the other pictures, you’d know that this is the best one).
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog these past two weeks:
- Spelled by Betsy Schow (excerpt & giveaway) – Last chance to win the gift basket!
- Let’s Discuss – My kids LOVE to reread!
- Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge (review)
- Top Ten Things I Loved about RT 2015
- A Taylor Made Life by Kary Rader (review)
- The Shattered Court by M.J. Scott (review)
- Until You Find Me by Amber Hart (review)
- I Swear I’ve Seen This Guy Before – a discussion about an over-used cover model.
Next week on FYFA:
- Siren’s Fury by Mary Weber (review & giveaway)
- Nowhere but Here by Katie McGarry (excerpt & spotlight) – and maybe a review, if I manage to read it by then (since I picked it up at RT)
- Spelled by Betsy Schow (review & giveaway)
- Let’s Discuss – Something. I have no idea what (that seems to be the pattern lately!)
I picked up over 60 books at RT. I won’t post them all here, but if you want to see what I got, check out my recap of the event!
Um, even though I’ve recently gotten a TON of books, I STILL bought some from the recent Book Outlet Mother’s Day sale (mostly for my kids!). Here are a couple that were for me (these are mostly books that I already had one book in the series and wanted to get others) –
Um, I could have sworn it was only a couple of books – maybe some snuck into my cart? (Honey, if you’re reading this, I’m really sorry – but they were all less than $3 each!).
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
I have to confess that I haven’t had time to keep up with discussion posts these past two weeks. I have LOTS of catching up to do on the discussion challenge. So just head on over there and check the posts out yourself – and let me know if there are some really good ones that I need to get to sooner rather than later!!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- May 2015 Discussion Challenge Link-up & Giveaway – Link up your May discussions and enter to win a 2015 debut of your choice!
- Ash and Ruin Series by Shauna Granger – Still time to enter to win a $25 gift card!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- The May New Release Giveaway Hop
- Enter to win Tessa Ever After over at Fiction Fare!
- Enter to win a $50 gift card from the tour for A Taylor-Made Life over at Tome Tender.
- Enter to win a rehab survival kit from Danielle Younge-Ullman (for her release of Lola Carlyle’s 12-Step Romance) over at Novel Ink!
- Oh, the Books! is celebrating Asti’s birthday – with a giveaway!
- Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner is giving away a collection of Tamara Ireland Stone books!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!