Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Well, as predicted, I lost a few followers after last week’s faith discussion, but I’m totally fine with that. The overall effect was only one Bloglovin’ follower. (Typically, every week I gain some Bloglovin’ followers. The ONLY times I’ve ever see a negative number are this week and one other week where I talked about a semi-controversial blogging topic – following back. So I can say with almost absolute certainty that the dip correlates to the discussion topic). I’m not sad that I lost a few followers, but I am sad that the mere mention of faith sends some people running for the hills!
Just to warn everyone, the rest of June and the first half of July are going to be INCREDIBLY busy for me (due to vacations and family stuff), so I probably won’t be posting as regularly. I’m not going away or anything, but I won’t be posting every day either and I probably won’t be around the blogosphere as much as I usually am. Think of it as a semi-hiatus. I promise to do my best to still be around as much as I can, though!!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- Damsel Distressed by Kelsey Macke (review)
- Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases of the Rest of 2015
- Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout (review)
- Diamonds in the Rough by Michele Madow (review)
- Let’s Discuss – Reading and Writing Diversity
Next week on FYFA:
(Probably – I reserve the right to change these if things get crazy around here!)
- The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi (review)
- The Scorch Trials by James Dashner (review)
- Scorched by Jennifer L. Armentrout (release blitz and giveaway)
- Let’s Discuss – Something inspired by RT!
From NetGalley and Edelweiss:
I decided to join in on The Gentleman Bastard read-along over at Snowflakes and Spider Silk, so I bought the first book in the series! Now I just need to catch up!
From my #OTSPSecretSister:
I am SO excited about this book!!! Plus, my awesome secret sister (who I now know is Lisa over at Reading, Writing, and Random Musings) gave my kids some fun games to play on our drive out to Colorado! THANK YOU!!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
As usual, there are lots of awesome discussions going on via the Book Blog Discussion Challenge. Make sure you check out the June Link-up! Here are a few of my recent favorites:
- Ardelia at The Unplumbed Sea asks how you answer the question, “Got Any Book Recommendations?”
- Tonya at Lilybloombooks and Silvara at Fantasy of the Silver Dragon both talk about their book hoarding tendencies!
Cindy over at Book Splurge is working to get her blog tour company off the ground and she’s looking for people who like to review Chick-Lit, Mysteries, Romance and Cozy Mysteries. If that describes you, check out Tout Sweet Book Tours.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan – Still time to enter to win a paperback ARC copy of the book!
- June Discussion Challenge – Still time to join us and enter to win any book that releases this summer!
- Captured by You by Amber Hart – Still time to enter to win a BUNCH of books!
- Burn by Allie Juliette Mousseau (giveaway & reviewish type thing) – Still time to enter to win a signed copy of both Dare and Burn!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
Lots of great giveaways this week!!
- Enter to win two Swoon Romance ebooks of your choice over at Writer in Progress.
- Enter to win a copy of Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella over at The Book Addict’s Guide.
- Candace’s Book Blog and Pure Imagination have a weekly post called Saturday Situation, where people can link up their giveaways and reviews that need some more love. There are hundreds of posts listed there, so you should definitely check it out!
- Karen over at Kissin’ Blue Karen has started something similar called Read This Round-up. Check it out!
- Kritika over at Snowflakes and Spider Silk is doing a read-along of The Gentleman Bastard series (AKA Lies of Locke Lomora) and is giving away a pre-order of the fourth book in the series.
- Dark Faerie Tales is giving away two books featured in their Who Needs a Hero event!
- Enter to win a $50 gift card from the tour for A Taylor-Made Life over at Tome Tender!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!