Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Have to share at least one picture of Colorado. We’ve had tons of fun! This is the family on Mt. Bierstadt – a 14,000 foot mountain! My husband and kids actually made it all the way to the top. I actually couldn’t keep up with them – I only made it to 13,500 and then let them head up that last 500 themselves (they had to basically scale a huge thing of rocks – my husband was so impressed that the kids did it!). Meanwhile, I sat and read a book on my Kindle. LOL!
Just as I predicted a couple of weeks ago, I am woefully behind on replying to comments and on commenting back. I’m doing my best!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- My Ten Favorite Top Ten Topics
- Racing Hearts, Book 2 by Laura Lascarso (review & giveaway) – Last chance to enter to win a $10 gift card!
- The Forgotten Mountain by Heather Lyons (All-Time Favorite review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a signed copy of the first book in the series and a really pretty bracelet!
- The V Girl by Mya Roberts (excerpt & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a $20 gift card
- The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi (review)
Next week on FYFA:
(Yeah, I realize that this little section has been practically useless lately, which is why I decided to hold off on my RT discussions and switch to the topic below.)
- Safe at Last by Maya Banks (review)
- Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway (review)
- July Discussion Challenge Link-up
- The Scorch Trials by James Dashner (review)
- Faking Perfect by Rebecca Phillips (review & giveaway)
- June Monthly Wrap-up
- Let’s Discuss – Why Disorganized Blogging and Vacations Don’t Mix (But I Smushed Them Together Anyway)
Purchased from the Awesome Tattered Cover Book Store in Denver:
Plus, I bought a couple of other books that were purely for the kids. The School for Good and Evil books are kind of for the kids, but I’ve heard great things about them and I want to read them too!! I could have bought TONS more books at the books at this bookstore, but I held myself back!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
As usual, there are lots of awesome discussions going on via the Book Blog Discussion Challenge. Make sure you check out the June Link-up! I’m still behind. But here are a few discussions I’ve seen:
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight asks if you’re a Part-Time Perfectionist.
- Over at Vailia’s Page Turner, she’s talking about Changes to Amazon Unlimited program. Better or worse?
- Ashley over at Nose Graze talks about why It Makes Total Sense that Blog Tour Organizers Only Allow Positive Reviews.
Also, of you are interested in OTSP Secret Sister, you should connect with Brittany over at Book Addict Guide on Twitter (and follow the #OTSPSecretSister hashtag and join in on some conversations!). Sign-ups are in July.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michele Madow – Still time to win a copy of the book (when you click on the link, you’ll be brought to my review of the second book in the series, so don’t be confused!)
- Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan – Last chance to enter to win a paperback ARC copy of the book!
- June Discussion Challenge – Still time to join us and enter to win any book that releases this summer!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
Lots of great giveaways this week!!
- Mishma at Chasing Faerytales is celebrating her 6 month blogoversary with a giveaway! Enter to win $20 worth of books from The Book Depository!
- Danielle over at Love at First Page and Lili at Lili’s Reflections are doing a Summer of Series promotion and giving away LOTS of books, including Captive by Brighton Walsh, Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke by Anne Blankman, choice of signed Jesse’s Girl, Catching Jordan, or Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally, a book by Amy Plum, a $10 B&N or Amazon gift card, an ARC of Sunrise by Mike Mullin, an ARC of Heart of Betrayal and a Fierce Reads tote and a Signed Copy of Behind The Scenes with its redesigned cover. Plus, there are lots more coming!
- Nichole Chase is giving away a $50 gift card for her tour of The Accidental Assassin (which Naomi’s Reading Palace is hosting.)
- Entangled Teen is hosting a June giveaway, including The Revolution of Ivy ARC. I know lots of you have been waiting for this one! Oh, and check out the official promo video HERE! – Last chance to enter!
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight is giving away an ARC of The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick!
- Check out the June New Release Giveaway Hop!
- Candace’s Book Blog and Pure Imagination have a weekly post called Saturday Situation, where people can link up their giveaways and reviews that need some more love. There are hundreds of posts listed there, so you should definitely check it out!
- Kritika over at Snowflakes and Spider Silk is doing a read-along of The Gentleman Bastard series (AKA Lies of Locke Lomora) and is giving away a pre-order of the fourth book in the series.
- Dark Faerie Tales is giving away two books featured in their Who Needs a Hero event!
- Enter to win a $50 gift card from the tour for A Taylor-Made Life over at Tome Tender!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!