Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Strangely, now that I’m back from vacation I have barely managed to blog! Part of the reason is that I finished up one editing project and started two others (and a proofread!) – and I think part of it is just that I’m having a hard time getting back to “regular” life. Anyone else ever have this problem?
Oh, and just so you all know, it looks like I’ll be reading Throne of Glass this month – that’s what won from my Top Ten Hyped Books I’ve Never Read post!
If you’re interested in reviewing Summer Haikus by S. J. Pajonas, let me know! It’s a contemporary New Adult romance set mostly in Japan (lots of Japanese culture mixed in!)
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week (not much, I know):
- Animal by Nikki Rae (review)
- Let’s Discuss – Editing in the Self-Publishing World
- Burn, Rewrite or Reread Tag
Next week on FYFA:
I’m going to try really hard to post more next week, but I do have a couple of rush editing jobs I’m working on, so we shall see!
- Get Even and Get Dirty by Gretchen McNeil (review)
- Monthly Wrap-Up Round Up Announcement
- Let’s Discuss – something 🙂
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are a few of my favorite recent discussions:
- Jen @ The Bookavid gives a surprising point of view in her post: Mary Sues and Why We Need More of Them.
- Renae @ Respiring Thoughts talks about why reading fast isn’t all that great in Speed reading: not all it’s cracked up to be
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight asks Does a Bad Ending Ruin a Series?
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Faking Perfect by Rebecca Phillips – Still time to enter to win a copy of the book and lots more!
- July Discussion Challenge Link-up & Giveaway – Join us for the challenge and enter to win a book of your choice!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
I don’t have a ton of new giveaways this week (though Danielle and Lili have lots of new giveaways as part of their Summer of Series) – lots still going on, though!
- Jessica over at Lovin’ Los Libros is hosting the Searching for Always blog tour, which is giving away a prize pack from Jennifer Probst & pick your favorite animal shelter to receive a $50 donation!
- Few more days for the No Strings Attached Giveaway Hop!
- Danielle over at Love at First Page and Lili at Lili’s Reflections are doing a Summer of Series promotion and giving away LOTS of books, including a preorder of A Gathering of Shadows by VE Schwab, a signed copy of Breaking Point, a signed set of the Roaring Twenties Series, a copy of A Breath of Frost, a set of both titles in the Of Metal and Wishes duology, a copy of A Breath of Frost, choice between The Art of Wishing and The Fourth Wish, a copy of Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry, and a copy of Something Strange and Deadly. Plus, there are lots more coming!
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight is doing a really fun giveaway because she reached 1000 Bloglovin’ Followers! She has a US only giveaway AND and International giveaway!
- Nikki over at There Were Books Involved is going on a little hiatus and having a giveaway to tide us over. You can win a preorder of any fall/winter release!
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight is giving away an ARC of The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
- Nicole over at Quality Fangirls is hosting a BookCon giveaway. There are tons of different prizes like a signed Throne of Glass hardcover and lithograph poster, some TMI Swag, Illuminae and lots, lots more!
- Candace’s Book Blog and Pure Imagination have a weekly post called Saturday Situation, where people can link up their giveaways and reviews that need some more love. There are hundreds of posts listed there, so you should definitely check it out!
- Kritika over at Snowflakes and Spider Silk is doing a read-along of The Gentleman Bastard series (AKA Lies of Locke Lomora) and is giving away a pre-order of the fourth book in the series.
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!