Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
I am officially in a blogging slump. I don’t know what’s happening to me, but I am feeling really uninspired and I’m not finding the time to write blog posts. With the exception of my Top Ten Tuesday post, which I had fun designing, I just haven’t even wanted to blog. That’s so weird for me! (I DID love the TTT topic this week, though – it even inspired me to create a new Diversity shelf on Goodreads so that I could keep track of all the books that got added to my TBR!). I really hope this is a very quick passing phase for me. Maybe I’ll be all back to normal next week.
One fun non-blogging thing that happened this week, though, is that we adopted a new dog! A lot of you probably remember that we had to put our older dog to sleep on Mother’s Day. Well, I finally convinced my husband that we needed to get another companion for our younger dog, Snickers. We adopted Bella, a one-year-old Aussie mix, and she’s just adorable! Come to think of it, she may have added to my blogging slump. Who wants to blog when there are doggies to cuddle!
I also finished up editing Dare You Forever, a novella from Allie Juliette Mousseau’s Brothers of Ink and Steel Series, and worked on The Future, the next book in Kate Thomas’s Equilibrium Series.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week (still not much, I know):
- Get Even and Get Dirty by Gretchen McNeil (review)
- Top Ten Books that Celebrate Diversity
- Awake by Natasha Preston (review – AKA When Books Let You Down)
Next week on FYFA:
I’m not going to pretend that I’m going to post a ton this week, but these are a couple of things that HAVE to go up!
- Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid (review & giveaway)
- Monthly Wrap-Up Round Up Announcement – I actually had this pretty much written for this week but decided to hold off until closer to the end of the month to post it.
- Let’s Discuss – something (hopefully)
What can I say, I was entranced by Entangled’s books this month and I needed them all!
I actually had this one waiting for me when I got back from vacation, but forgot to list it. Thank you, Sourcebooks Fire!! Can’t wait to read this one!
From my OTSP Secret Sister:
This was the last month of this round of Secret Sister. I loved getting to know Lisa at Reading, Writing and Random Musings (thanks so much for my gifts!!) and my own Secret Sister, Heidi at YA Bibliophile!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Faking Perfect by Rebecca Phillips – Still time to enter to win a copy of the book and lots more!
- July Discussion Challenge Link-up & Giveaway – Join us for the challenge and enter to win a book of your choice!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Mostly YA Lit is hosting a blog tour for Just Like the Movies and they’re giving away a set of IF ONLY books!
- Lili’s Reflections is hosting a blog tour for The Last Ever After and they’re giving away the complete series of THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL!
- What Sarah Read is giving away an ARC of THE BOY MOST LIKELY TO!
- Danielle over at Love at First Page and Lili at Lili’s Reflections are doing a Summer of Series promotion and giving away LOTS of books, including a signed copy of Lion Heart, an audiobook of Stolen Songbird, hardcovers of Shadows and Haze, a preorder of A Gathering of Shadows by VE Schwab, a signed copy of Breaking Point, a signed set of the Roaring Twenties Series, a set of both titles in the Of Metal and Wishes duology. Plus, there are lots more coming!
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight is doing a really fun giveaway because she reached 1000 Bloglovin’ Followers! She has a US only giveaway AND and International giveaway!
- Nikki over at There Were Books Involved is going on a little hiatus and having a giveaway to tide us over. You can win a preorder of any fall/winter release!
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight is giving away an ARC of The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
- Nicole over at Quality Fangirls is hosting a BookCon giveaway. There are tons of different prizes like a signed Throne of Glass hardcover and lithograph poster, some TMI Swag, Illuminae and lots, lots more!
- Candace’s Book Blog and Pure Imagination have a weekly post called Saturday Situation, where people can link up their giveaways and reviews that need some more love. There are hundreds of posts listed there, so you should definitely check it out!
- Kritika over at Snowflakes and Spider Silk is doing a read-along of The Gentleman Bastard series (AKA Lies of Locke Lomora) and is giving away a pre-order of the fourth book in the series.
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!