Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
The end/beginning of the month always has so much going on around the blog – wrap-up posts and the new month’s discussion link-up (and I used to do Random Reads at the beginning of the month too – I had to give that one up after a while). And, of course, this month, I introduced the new Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up so that we can see what we may have missed on each other’s blogs! I’m really excited about it! Watch for the giveaway next week (on the 8th).
I also signed up for ARC August at Read, Sleep Repeat and I’m excited to catch up on ARCs!
Outside of the blog, I had a relatively peaceful week. Two of my three kids were away at summer camp all week – my daughter did a horse camp and my son did an adventure camp where they did mountain biking, rock climbing and river rafting! They had a fantastic time! Then, yesterday afternoon, we had a picnic for our homeschool co-op group (I can’t believe school starts back up soon!). A busy weekend!!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows (review)
- Monthly Wrap-Up Round Up Link-up – Announcement of my new link-up for your monthly wrap-up posts. Check it out and then watch next week for the giveaway.
- Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a copy of the book!
- July Wrap-Up – Find out what my favorite read July was!
- August Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – It’s a new month and time for a new link-up! Join us and enter to win a fall release.
- What to Do When You’re Feeling Uninspired – Let’s Discuss!
Next week on FYFA:
I’m not going to pretend that I’m going to post a ton this week, but these are a couple of things that HAVE to go up!
- What You Left Behind by Jessica Verdi (review & giveaway)
- Monthly Wrap-Up Round Up Giveaway
- Let’s Discuss – Do You Have a Fiction Addiction? Quiz
Nothing new this week, so I have some time to catch up!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are a few of my favorite recent discussions:
- Tessa @ Crazy for YA discusses the fact that Authors are People Too!
- Nova @ Out of Time talks about The Representation of Culture in YA.
- Julie @ Chapter Break gives us her Wishlist for Features in a New Series.
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight gives us a quiz: From Ordinary to Revolutionary: Could YOU do it?
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- July Discussion Challenge Link-up & Giveaway – This is the last week to link up your July discussions and enter the giveaway.
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- The Midnight Garden is giving away 10 ARCs from ALA!!
- The Confessions of a Queen B* tour is being hosted over at Book Briefs and they’re giving away a signed copy of Confessions of a Queen B* + a $25 Gift Card to the vendor of the winner’s choice!
- The Racing the Sun tour is being hosted over at My Guilty Obsession and they’re giving away a $50 AMEX Gift Card + RACING THE SUN (signed) & WHERE SEA MEETS SKY bundle
- LOTS of blogs participating in the Beach Reads in August Hop!
- Mostly YA Lit is hosting a blog tour for Just Like the Movies and they’re giving away a set of IF ONLY books. Last chance to enter!
- What Sarah Read is giving away an ARC of THE BOY MOST LIKELY TO!
- Danielle over at Love at First Page and Lili at Lili’s Reflections are doing a Summer of Series promotion and giving away LOTS of books, including 3 e-copies of After the Kiss, 3 signed copies of The Book of Ivy, Every Breath & Every Word by Ellie Marney, a set of all three Arwell Academy books, a signed copy of The Rules for Disappearing, a signed copy of Lion Heart, an audiobook of Stolen Songbird, hardcovers of Shadows and Haze. Plus, there are lots more coming! (I actually won one of the giveaways for this summer event!)
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight is doing a really fun giveaway because she reached 1000 Bloglovin’ Followers! She has a US only giveaway AND and International giveaway!
- Nicole over at Quality Fangirls is hosting a BookCon giveaway. There are tons of different prizes like a signed Throne of Glass hardcover and lithograph poster, some TMI Swag, Illuminae and lots, lots more!
- Candace’s Book Blog and Pure Imagination have a weekly post called Saturday Situation, where people can link up their giveaways and reviews that need some more love. There are hundreds of posts listed there, so you should definitely check it out!
- Kritika over at Snowflakes and Spider Silk is doing a read-along of The Gentleman Bastard series (AKA Lies of Locke Lomora) and is giving away a pre-order of the fourth book in the series.
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!