Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Busy week here in the Hewitt household. Our homeschool co-op is now underway, where I teach three classes – Acting, Musical Theatre (which is more of a kids’ choir with a play), and 5th/6th Grade Writing. Plus, I started in on an edit for Alyssa’s Redemption by Karly Morgan. My husband and I have also started binge watching The Walking Dead, and I am hooked!
Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- August Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway – Still time to enter to win any book that features diversity (Anyone can enter – you didn’t have to link up a post to be eligible for the giveaway).
- Top Ten Series I’ve Failed to Finish
- Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers (review)
- Is it Ever Okay to Judge? – Let’s Discuss
- Bite Sized Reviews of What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick, The Iron Trial by Holly Black, I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios and The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand
Next week on FYFA:
- What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler (review) – I was planning on reviewing this one last week, but then just had to review Truest, so I pushed this one back a week.
- Tonight the Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales (review)
- Undivided by Neal Shusterman – Because I promised myself I’d finish this series and so I put it in my calendar for next week! (Better get reading)
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish 🙂
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Jessica over at Rabid Reads recaps the fun of DragonCon!!
- Jeann at Happy Indulgence tells us about Love YA Festival with Cassandra Clare & Holly Black!
- Karen over at Kissin’ Blue Karen talks about the Worst Reasons for Reading and The Worst Reasons I Ever Bought/Read a Book (a fun, gif-filled post!).
- Brittany at The Book Addict’s Guide, Alyssa at Books Take You Places and Amy at Tripping Over Books are hosting a fun event called Fortnight of Fright!
- Lory at Emerald City Book Review is also hosting an event called Witch Week!
- Wendy over at Falconer’s Library shows us her awesome bookish fortune tellers that she uses in her classroom. I love them!!
- Cynthia at Bingeing on Books has a thought-provoking post on self-censorship!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- September Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway -Link up those September discussion posts and enter the giveaway!
- The Body Institute by Carol Riggs (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a $25 gift card!
- The Foxglove Killings by Tara Kelly (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win lots of prizes!
- Stepping Stones by Kacey Vanderkarr (excerpt & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a $20 gift card and swag pack!
- Get Real by Tellulah Darling – Still plenty of time for the pre-order giveaway!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Shannon at It Starts at Midnight is giving away an ARC of The Rose Society by Marie Lu, a book mentioned during her Shattering Stigmas event AND a hardcover copy of Blood and Salt by Kim Liggett!
- Book Briefs is hosting the tour for Persuasion by Martina Boone and there’s a fun scavenger hunt style giveaway!
- Literary Meanderings is giving you a chance to win one of 5 Copies of Leah Scheier’s YOUR VOICE IS ALL I HEAR.
- Tonya over at After Hours at Lilybloombooks is giving away an ebook copy of any book she read in August (including Summer Haikus, which is a book I edited that I’m so excited she loved!)
- The Donor Blog Tour is giving away a Donor swag pack filled With SWAG and a signed book!
- The Social Potato is giving away TWO Preorders of Selected 2016 Titles.
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!