My Goings On in October:
- My youngest turned 11! Kind of scary – my kids aren’t little anymore!
- I attended the YA Literature Conference (and the Fandom Frenzy day) at Anderson’s Bookshop. SO much fun!!
- Gymnastics competition season is starting up again. My daughter had her first mock meet last weekend!
- I finished editing Alyssa’s Redemption by Karly Morgan and started a first edit of Defy by Allie Juliette Mousseau!
- I binge watched more of The Walking Dead on Netflix. Just started Season 5 this week! Great Halloween viewing!
- I was featured over at Tripping Over Books, where I talked about the aforementioned TV obsession (and zombies in general!)
Most Popular Posts:
Still a little bit slow around here since I’ve been so busy, but things are definitely starting to pick up. Here were my most popular posts in October:
September Wrap-Up and Giveaway – Ironically, last month’s wrap-up post (which was put up on October 1st) was my most visited post this month! Hopefully it’s because everyone wanted a chance to win Truest (which you should all read and I’m very eager to spread the word about).
YA Fandom Frenzy Recap and Giveaway – There’s actually a few more days to enter to win a copy of Firewalker by Josephine Angelini, so hop over there if you haven’t yet!
Other Features & Discussions:
Hot Button Topic: Cheating – Let’s Discuss
Top Five Reasons I Need to Start Quitting
Bookish Backdrops – An Ember in the Ashes
Anderson’s Bookshop YA Lit Conference Recap – Keynotes by Gary D. Schmidt, Marie Lu, David Baldacci, James Dashner, Ally Carter and David Levithan
Anderson’s Bookshop YA Lit Conference Recap: The Panels
Top Ten Wishes I’d Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me
My Favorite October Discussions/Features on Other Blogs:
- Mishma over at Chasing Faerytales has some great advice on Creating an Online Presence. I need to get better about this. I’m kind of on-again off-again when it comes to Twitter and other social media.
- Shannon at It Starts at Midnight talks about the ethics of selling (and trading) ARCs in her post: The Fine Line – From Marketing to Memorabilia.
- Julia over at A Perfection Called Books talks about how other people’s ratings affect you.
- Lory over at Emerald City Book Review is hosting a Witch Week event for Halloween – this year’s theme is books inspired by fairy tales, folklore, legend, and myth, so feel free to read something related and join in!
My 2015 Reading Progress:
Here’s my reading for 2015 so far. As I’ve mentioned before, the books that are unrated are books I’ve edited (or proofread) this year, so I don’t rate them.
October 2015 Reviews
This month wasn’t quite as amazing as last month for reading, but there were definitely a few gems!
- Romancing the Dark in the City of Light by Ann Jacobus | Review | Rating: 3/5
- The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow| Review | Rating: 4/5
- It’s a Wonderful Death by Sarah J. Schmitt| Review | Rating: 3.5/5
- The White Rose by Amy Ewing | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff | Review | Rating: 5/5
- The Taken by Inbali Iserles | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Return Once More by Trisha Leigh | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- Gabriel by Nikki Kelly | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Don’t Touch by Rachel M. Wilson | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Stepping Stones by Kacey Vanderkarr | Review | Rating: 2/5
My Favorite October Read:
This month’s favorite was easy! This book was so incredibly innovative – I loved it!!