Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
This week was VERY exciting because today and yesterday I got to attend the YA Lit Conference at Anderson’s Bookstore in Naperville. The conference features TONS of amazing YA authors, and I can’t wait to tell you about it – watch for a recap post (or two!) coming next week! This week instead of my normal discussion post, I decided to try a new feature – a spin on those posts where people design an outfit to match a book cover, but I use interior decorating instead. It was fun! Check out my Bookish Backdrop for this week!
Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow (review)
- Top Five Reasons I Need to Start Quitting
- It’s a Wonderful Death by Sarah J. Schmitt (review & giveaway) – Last chance to enter to win an awesome prize pack!
- Bookish Backdrops: An Ember in the Ashes – Bedroom design based on the cover palette!
Also, Lory over at Emerald City Book Review posted the giveaway for the September Wrap-Up Round-Up. Feel free to link up your September wrap-up posts still (but you don’t have to in order to enter the giveaway!) and enter to win a cute book cover (like this one or a different design!).
Next week on FYFA:
- Recap(s) of the YA Lit Conference – and maybe a giveaway too! 🙂
- The White Rose by Amy Ewing (review)
- The Taken by Inbali Iserles (MG review)
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish 🙂
This doesn’t include the books I bought at the YA Lit Conference (I’ll put those in my recap posts)
From My Secret Sister:
Thanks so much, sis!!!
Thanks to Brittany at The Book Addicts Guide!!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Amber over at The Mile Long Bookshelf gives some great advice on How to Improve Your Photography. (I want to try that daylight bulb!)
- Since today is apparently Coming Out Day (I have to confess, I had no idea!), Julie and Lynn give (and ask for) great LGBT recs!
- Jeann over at Happy Indulgence is looking for co-bloggers!
- Kim over at Divergent Gryffindor shares her amazing bookish calligraphy (I’m so jealous of her talent!)
- Laura over at Boats Against the Current gives great advice in her post: The Disorganised Blogger’s Guide to Blogging
- Check out Emerald City Book Review’s Fairy Tale Retelling Readalong!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- October Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway – Link up your discussion posts and enter to win!
- September Wrap-Up & a Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a hardcover copy of Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers
- Romancing the Dark in the City of Light by Ann Jacobus (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win an ARC of the book!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Shannon at It Starts at Midnight is celebrating her second blogoversary and giving away any book she’s reviewed on the blog AND a pre-order of one of her must-read upcoming titles!
- Check out the BFF Blog Hop!
- Danielle at Love at First Page is giving away a finished copy of First & Then by Emma Mills – I won one, now you should too!!
- There’s a fun scavenger hunt giveaway going on to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder by giving away a signed hardcover first edition of Poison Study and Magic Study.
- Evelyn Skye revealed another character from The Tsar’s Game and is giving away a handpainted Russian teacup to go along with the reveal!
- Pre-order a signed copy of Soundless by Richelle Mead (at select Indie bookstores) and you can get an exclusive cover!
- Celebrate the finale of the Starbound Trilogy by contributing to the #starboundlove project! You could win an ultra-rare hand-annotated hardcover of These Broken Stars, the book that started it all, plus a ton of other goodies. This looks like such a fun contest!
- Kelly over at This Wacky Momma Reads is participating in the Beyond What is Given blog tour with a chance to win a Kindle Fire HD7!
- Lexi over at Lexi Swoons is giving away a book of your choice! Today’s the last chance to win!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
I can’t wait to hear about your adventures at the YA Lit Conference! And thanks as usual for all the great giveaway links. I just want to clarify about my Wrap-up Round-up giveaway, there will be THREE different winners, and each one will win a set of THREE different book covers from Gotcha Covered (all are small paperback size). I’m so grateful to my generous sponsor and hope lots of readers will check out her lovely covers!
Thanks for clarifying, Lory! I had a fantastic time this weekend and I can’t wait to tell everyone about it!
Thanks for all the giveaway links, Nicole. You know I love a giveaway!
Glad to help you out! 🙂
Wow. So many giveaways. Thanks for sharing these.
You’re very welcome! I figure, why not share the wealth!
Ooh the Lit Conference sounds like fun!
It was SO much fun!! I can’t wait to share!
The conference sounds amazing! Can’t wait for the wrap up post(s). Congrats on the win – First & Then is one I really want to read. Hope you enjoy your new books!
I’ve read such good things about First & Then – can’t wait to read it! The conference was so fantastic – I’m excited about sharing all the fun news!!
Have a great week, Nicole!
Thanks, Terri! You too!
Oh, I’m really excited to see how the YA Lit conference was and all the fun books you received. Very exciting!! 🙂
It WAS exciting! I love conferences so much – wish I could go to them ALL!!
I enjoyed your Bookish Backdrop post! I think it’s fun to imagine a whole world just from words the author put down on paper. Can’t wait to hear more about the YA Lit conference! I hope you had a great time.
I had a fantastic time at the conference!! Thanks for the compliment on the bookish backdrop post – it was really fun to do! Of course, I spent way too much time looking for pictures, but it was kind of relaxing!
The YA Lit conference sounds interesting, looking forward to hearing about it. Good links too- thank for sharing those. Have a great week!
The conference was so much fun! I love bookish events – wish I could go them ALL THE TIME!!
That sounds like a lot of fun. I wish there were anything like that held in our city. Anyway, looking forward to your recap!
It was amazing! I’m really luck that I live near Anderson’s. They have TONS of amazing book events. If I lived even closer, my family would probably never see me!!
The conference does sound amazing! So happy you were able to go! Congrats on all the books!
Thanks! I had a ton of fun at the conference!!
I can’t wait to hear what happened at the YA Lit Conference. I’m sure you have heaps of awesome pics to share too. REvenge and the Wild looks interesting! Enjoy!
I do have lots of pics! Mostly of me and the authors. The conference was amazing!!
It sound like the YA lit conference was a blast, Nicole, and I look forward to reading your recap post(s)!
Have a fantastic week and happy reading.
Thanks! The conference was incredible!!
I can’t wait until I go to my first YA book event! Maybe at the beginning of next year. We shall see.
Hope you get to go to one! It was so much fun!!
Congrats on attending the YA Lit Conference! That is awesome. Can’t wait to hear all about it. 🙂
It was fantastic! I feel so lucky to have things like that near me.
YAY for the YA Lit Conference! It sounds something like the Texas Teen Book Festival which features YA authors. Can’t wait to see your post(s)!
Probably pretty similar. Isn’t it nice to have amazing events like that nearby?