Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Not too much new to report around here. We’re heading out with family this weekend to celebrate my youngest’s birthday. He’s excited and mostly wants to celebrate with video games (just like he’d like to celebrate every other day). November is already looking like it’s going to be crazily busy. Sigh …
Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- The Collectors’ Society Encyclopedia Release Day Launch
- Top Ten Wishes I’d Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – Review
- Your Blogging Style – Can You Change It? Should You Even Try? Let’s Discuss
- The Taken by Inbali Iserles (MG review)
Next week on FYFA:
- Return Once More by Trisha Leight (Review & Giveaway)
- Gabriel by Nikki Kelly (Review & Giveaway)
- October Wrap-Up Round-Up – Make sure you stop by to link up your October wrap-up posts!
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish 🙂
On the 30th, I’m also being featured over at Tripping Over Books for the Fortnight of Fright Event! Make sure to check out the post to read about my new obsession with The Walking Dead and why I think zombie books aren’t really about the zombies.
I already had an ARC of this one, but it’s so cool that I wanted the real thing!
From my OTSP Secret Sister:
My secret sister was so sweet to include a birthday present for my youngest in this month’s package! And don’t you love all the Halloween themed goodies? Thanks, sis!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Amanda at Go Book Yourself helps out her readers who are also authors with her post on how to Simplify Your Writing Competition Entries with The Idle Scribe.
- Shannon at It Starts at Midnight Talks about The Fine Line Between Marketing and Memorabilia.
- Tessa over at Crazy for YA gives great Tips for Reading the Classics.
- Julia over at A Perfection Called Books talks about how other people’s ratings affect you.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- YA Fandom Frenzy Recap & Giveaway!! – Still time to enter to win a signed hardcover of Firewalker by Josephine Angelini!
- October Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway – Link up your discussion posts and enter to win!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Val at The Innocent Smiley has a fun game where she talks about the plots from books from her childhood. You can win a book of your choice!
- Great Imaginations is taking part in the tour for What We Left Behind by Robin Talley and they’re giving away a LGBT YA Prize Pack featuring seven novels chosen by Robin Talley!
- Literary Meanderings is helping spread the word about this giveaway for Advanced Copies of THIS IS WHERE IT ENDS, chalk board + chalk.
- YA Bibliophile is helping spread the word about the Join the Resistance giveaway, where you can enter to win a copy of Cinder and a prize pack just in time for the release of Winter by Marissa Meyer.
- I loved Illuminae!! XPresso Reads is giving away a copy!
- Lots of blogs participating in the October New Release Giveaway Hop!
- Clean Teen publishing has several giveaways going on!
- Harper is giving away almost ALL of its Winter 2016 books in the Harper Winter 2016 Tour!
- Check out the Spooktacular Giveaway Hop!
- Deadly Darling is celebrating two years of blogging with a giveaway!
- Shannon at It Starts at Midnight is celebrating her second blogoversary and giving away any book she’s reviewed on the blog AND a pre-order of one of her must-read upcoming titles!
- There’s a fun scavenger hunt giveaway going on to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder by giving away a signed hardcover first edition of Poison Study and Magic Study.
- Pre-order a signed copy of Soundless by Richelle Mead (at select Indie bookstores) and you can get an exclusive cover!
- Celebrate the finale of the Starbound Trilogy by contributing to the #starboundlove project! You could win an ultra-rare hand-annotated hardcover of These Broken Stars, the book that started it all, plus a ton of other goodies. This looks like such a fun contest!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!