Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Finally back to a normal posting week AND I was able to do a lot more hopping around the blogosphere (at least late in the week, once I got my editing project done). Not too much going on in “real life,” but next weekend I’m going to the Young Adult Literature Conference (and YA Fandom Frenzy), and I can’t wait!! There are going to be SO many amazing authors there!!
Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- Top Ten Books You Should Try If You Love The Hunger Games
- I FINALLY read Undivided by Neal Shusterman!!
- October Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway – Link up your discussion posts and enter to win!
- September Wrap-Up & a Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a hardcover copy of Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers
- Hot Button Topic: Cheating – Let’s Discuss
- Romancing the Dark in the City of Light by Ann Jacobus (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win an ARC of the book!
Next week on FYFA:
- The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow (review)
- Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson – Okay, so my plan to put this on my calendar for last week didn’t really pan out, but I’m not giving up. 🙂
- It’s a Wonderful Death by Sarah J. Schmitt (review & giveaway)
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish 🙂
Nothing this week!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Since I’ve been behind lately, these discussions are all a bit older (not from this past week), but they were great and I wanted to point them out!
- Check out Emerald City Book Review’s Fairy Tale Retelling Readalong!
- Cait @ Paper Fury asks if it’s worse to hate a book or feel “meh” about it.
- Mishma over at Chasing Faerytales has some great advice on Creating an Online Presence. I need to get better about this. I’m kind of on-again off-again when it comes to Twitter and other social media.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- September Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway -Last chance to link up September discussions and enter the giveaway
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Pre-order a signed copy of Soundless by Richelle Mead (at select Indie bookstores) and you can get an exclusive cover!
- Sara B. Larsen is giving away an ARC of Endure for the YA Scavenger Hunt (plus there’s TONS of other giveaways still going on for the event too – jump on this one soon, since most of the giveaways seem to end this afternoon!)
- Celebrate the finale of the Starbound Trilogy by contributing to the #starboundlove project! You could win an ultra-rare hand-annotated hardcover of These Broken Stars, the book that started it all, plus a ton of other goodies. This looks like such a fun contest!
- Lily over at Night Owl Book Cafe is kicking off her new site with a giveaway!
- Cynthia at Bingeing on Books is celebrating #BannedBookWeek with a giveaway!
- Kelly over at This Wacky Momma Reads is participating in the Beyond What is Given blog tour with a chance to win a Kindle Fire HD7!
- Lexi over at Lexi Swoons is giving away a book of your choice!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!