Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Another busy week in our household. We went on a field trip this week to see a really fun acrobatics show and then Friday night I chaperoned a sleepover lock-in for the 5th graders at our church. A crazy time was had by all! (Including my youngest.) I’m actually exhausted while writing this right now, but that’s okay. I’ve also been hard at work on another editing project!
Anyway, here’s what you may have missed last week:
- My New Design!! – Find out what inspired my new look and some other fun facts!
- Top Twelve Bookish Movies I Still Need to See
- Kiss Kill Love Him Still by Jamie Blair & Dawn Rae Miller (Review)
- Firewalker by Josephine Angelini (Review)
Next week on FYFA:
- The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson (Review)
- Bookish Backdrops – Where I use the color pallet and some story elements from a book cover and design a room to match. Had fun with this last time and decided it’s time for another one!
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish. (Yeah, I know – last week’s discussion was just about my design – but I included some fun tidbits about how we came up with it, so I’m counting it!)
I won two giveaways this week!! Thanks so much to Lory at Emerald City Book Review and Heidi at YA Bibliophile. (And, of course, to Macmillan and Tor Teen!!)
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Lory over at Emerald City Book Review asks, Do I Need a Niche?
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight asks, What’s the Deal with Meme Hate?
- Jess at Princessica of Books asks, Is the Hype Real?
- Jo at Once Upon a Bookcases asks, How Important Is it for Sex to Be on the Page in YA? AND she also talks about The Lack of Female Masturbation in YA (something I have to confess I’ve never thought about).
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- November Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway
- Return Once More by Trisha Leigh (Review & Giveaway) – Still time to win a $30 gift card and a swag pack!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Paij over at My Love for Reading Keeps Growing is participating in the tour for The Soul Summoner, and they’re giving away a $50 Amazon gift card.
- Enter to win a mystery box from Clean Teen Publishing.
- Enter to win two $40 gift cards in the Fall Into YA Giveaway.
- This isn’t exactly a giveaway, but this month you can get Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout for free on Kindle!
- Lost in Literature is giving away a box of books AND a book of your choice.
- YABibliophile is participating in the blog tour for Liz Weimer and they’re giving away a $25 Amazon Gift Card & 3 Annotated Copies of HELLO?
- Watch the trailer for Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn and enter to win a $10 gift card!
- Val at The Innocent Smiley has a fun game where she talks about the plots from books from her childhood. You can win a book of your choice!
- Harper is giving away almost ALL of its Winter 2016 books in the Harper Winter 2016 Tour!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
I hope you still love your new look! I think the background color is perfect now. Thanks for linking my discussion, it seemed to be a popular topic.
You’re welcome – and thanks again for the giveaway. Of course, I just realized NOW that the wrong pic ended up being posted here. I swear, I don’t know why, but the simplest things were giving me SO much trouble while I was creating this post. The pictures kept wanting to show up underneath each other instead of next to each other and I kept having to delete them and put them back in. Looks like I eventually got myself all discombobulated and chose the wrong pic! Sigh.
Those pesky photos…not to worry, I’m so glad you won the book and hope you like it.
oh you had a crazy busy week 😀 how fun though!
Enjoy your new reads!
Definitely crazy!! Kept me busy, though! 🙂
Looks like you survived the lock-in! I’m glad to hear you’re back with all your hair (I would have pulled mine out, Lol). Sounds like you could use a nap, though. Hope you get some rest!
I did survive! But, yes, I’m still feeling exhausted, even after a night of actual sleep afterward. 🙂
I remember lock-ins. The best one that we ever did was at a big gym/recreation center. It had everything you could think of, but I know it was a lot of coordination and required more chaperones for it to function. I’m glad y’all had fun! Happy reading this week!
The older two went to one like that recently where they stayed at a place nearby that has basketball and rock climbing walls, etc. They loved it, but they literally stayed up all night long – at least at this one I got to sleep a little!
That does sound like a crazy week!! Still love the new design so much. Congrats on the wins. Enjoy your new books and have a great week!
Thanks! It still kind of shocks me for a second when I come to my site! LOL!
Congratulations! Oh gosh. I can’t even remember the last time I won something. Lol. Anyway, I hope you’ll enjoy your loot.
I hadn’t won anything for quite awhile and then suddenly I won two in one week!
Glad you had a nice week, even if you are super tired from the lock in. 🙂 Still sounds like a fun time was had by all. Congrats on your book wins – that’s awesome!
Omg, thanks so much for the mention! I, too, found the female masturbation discussion interesting and very surprising. It was just something I never thought about till now. Thanks for the giveaway link up, too!
AHHH I REALLY LOVE YOUR NEW DESIGN. I can’t remember if I told you that yet or not?!? Either way – DOUBLY LOVE IT. *happy dance* Omg and sleepovers are exhausting. I remember hating them as a smallish human and every time I got invited I’d get my mum to say I wasn’t allowed to go. XD I’M THE WORST. hehe. Glad you and your kid had a good time! 😀
Thanks so much, Cait!! Tabitha did a fantastic job on the header!!
I’d be exhausted too! I hope you catch up on rest!
Love the look of Did I Mention I Love You! Enjoy!
I’m SO excited for Call Me, Maybe!! I loved When Joss Met Matt, so I’m hoping this one is just as adorable. Thanks for the giveaway shout-out again, lovely!! 🙂
I read it IMMEDIATELY when I got it and I thought it was just as good as When Joss Met Matt. I swear, Cahill’s books just make me so happy!!
It must have been fun to see the acro show! I saw the Acrofest through the internet since my college was competing. That sleepover must have been a fun handful haha I’m glad you had fun 🙂
Two giveaways in one week?! That’s amazing! I hope you enjoy all of your new additions!
Yes, it was quite a handful – the kids had a blast, though – even though I was EXHAUSTED for the whole rest of the weekend! Thanks for stopping by!
I got Call Me Maybe, too! I’m excited to read it. I hope it’s more of a fun, lighthearted romance. 🙂
It is! I read it almost immediately upon getting it and it was just what I needed. Cahill’s books just make me giddy for some reason!
Just noticed your new design, it looks great! I am glad you kept the green colour for now so I recognized your blog. The field trip and lock-in sounds like they were busy, but fun. I also got Nexis for review, it sounds like a good book! You listed some great discussions and giveaways, will have to stop by some of thsoe. I hope you’ll have a great week!
Thanks, Lola! Yes, since it’s such a big change, I wanted to try to keep some elements the same so that people would still know it was me! I really enjoyed Nexis – read it pretty much right away as soon as I got it. 🙂