Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Another busy week in our household. We went on a field trip this week to see a really fun acrobatics show and then Friday night I chaperoned a sleepover lock-in for the 5th graders at our church. A crazy time was had by all! (Including my youngest.) I’m actually exhausted while writing this right now, but that’s okay. I’ve also been hard at work on another editing project!
Anyway, here’s what you may have missed last week:
- My New Design!! – Find out what inspired my new look and some other fun facts!
- Top Twelve Bookish Movies I Still Need to See
- Kiss Kill Love Him Still by Jamie Blair & Dawn Rae Miller (Review)
- Firewalker by Josephine Angelini (Review)
Next week on FYFA:
- The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson (Review)
- Bookish Backdrops – Where I use the color pallet and some story elements from a book cover and design a room to match. Had fun with this last time and decided it’s time for another one!
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish. (Yeah, I know – last week’s discussion was just about my design – but I included some fun tidbits about how we came up with it, so I’m counting it!)
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Lory over at Emerald City Book Review asks, Do I Need a Niche?
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight asks, What’s the Deal with Meme Hate?
- Jess at Princessica of Books asks, Is the Hype Real?
- Jo at Once Upon a Bookcases asks, How Important Is it for Sex to Be on the Page in YA? AND she also talks about The Lack of Female Masturbation in YA (something I have to confess I’ve never thought about).
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- November Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway
- Return Once More by Trisha Leigh (Review & Giveaway) – Still time to win a $30 gift card and a swag pack!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Paij over at My Love for Reading Keeps Growing is participating in the tour for The Soul Summoner, and they’re giving away a $50 Amazon gift card.
- Enter to win a mystery box from Clean Teen Publishing.
- Enter to win two $40 gift cards in the Fall Into YA Giveaway.
- This isn’t exactly a giveaway, but this month you can get Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout for free on Kindle!
- Lost in Literature is giving away a box of books AND a book of your choice.
- YABibliophile is participating in the blog tour for Liz Weimer and they’re giving away a $25 Amazon Gift Card & 3 Annotated Copies of HELLO?
- Watch the trailer for Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn and enter to win a $10 gift card!
- Val at The Innocent Smiley has a fun game where she talks about the plots from books from her childhood. You can win a book of your choice!
- Harper is giving away almost ALL of its Winter 2016 books in the Harper Winter 2016 Tour!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!