Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
As I’m writing this right now, my husband and two of my kids are having a pigeon dance party. Yep, that’s about how life goes in our house! (Don’t worry, you’re totally not supposed to know what a pigeon dance party is – they’re just crazy, that’s all!)
Sickness ran rampant through our house this week. My older son started us off with a 105 degree fever (he tends to spike high fevers a lot when he gets sick, so we don’t panic too much, but it’s still no fun). Then my husband and I both felt junky for a couple of days with a low-grade fever, and my daughter wrapped it up with a fever and a sore throat. Ugh! Luckily, I think we’re pretty much over it now. Hopefully.
Finished up editing Defy by Allie Juliette Mousseau as well this week (the third book in the Brothers of Ink and Steel series). Woo hoo!
Here on the blog, I’m planning to put together a list of 2016 reading/book blogging challenges. If you’re hosting one (or even just know of one), let me know in the comments and I’ll be sure to include it!
Anyway, here’s what you may have missed last week:
- Let Me Know Your Birthday and Blogoversary!! – I’m putting together a calendar with fellow bloggers’ birthdays and blogoversaries so we can all send each other good cheer. If you haven’t given me your birthday and/or blogoversary yet, make sure to go fill out the quick form!
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin (Review)
- Blogging Has Changed My Life (In So Many Ways!) – Let’s Discuss
- November Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up – Link up your November wrap-up posts here and watch for the giveaway over at Fantasy of the Silver Dragon on December 7th!
Next week on FYFA:
- Nexis by A.L. Davroe (Review)
- New World by Kate L. Mary (Review)
- Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat (Blitz & Giveaway)
- November Wrap-Up
- December Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish. 🙂
I believe both of these are still free on Amazon today. (And also Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout!)
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Tonya over at Lilybloombooks asks How Do YOU Define Success?
- Zeee over at I Heart Romance & YA tells us about her Malware Horrors and gives us some steps to avoid them!
- Jo at Once Upon a Bookcases shares her own powerful story and tells why she reads books that deal with rape.
- Jess at Princessica of books gives us a great list of Things That The Book Blogging Community Will Love You For.
- Books the Hook is creating a Book Bloggers List. Jump over and add yourself!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Rafflecopter is giving away an Apple iPad Air!
- XPresso Book Tours is giving away a Kindle Paperwhite and a $50 gift card!
- Win a Kindle Fire & a Mystery Box From Crimson Tree Publishing & Clean Teen Publishing
- Author S.M. Boyce is giving away a Paperwhite Kindle for the holidays!
- Lots of blogs participating in the Black Friday Book Bonanza Giveaway Hop!
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight has a Black Friday giveaway where you can win a book or bookish item of your choice!
- Michelle over at Book Briefs is participating in a tour that’s giving away three finished copies of Forbidden by Eve Bunting.
- Cynthia is celebrating Bingeing on Books’ first blogoversary by giving away any book she’s reviewed!
- Annette over at Annette’s Book Spot is celebrating her five year blogoversary and is giving away a copy of The Diviners by Libba Bray and The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau!
- Heidi over at YA Bibliophile is giving away a finished copy of Passenger by Alexandra Bracken.
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight is also giving away a finished copy of Passenger by Alexandra Bracken.
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!