Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
I feel like I’ve been so discombobulated lately, and it’s showing up in my blog. In the past two weeks I’ve been making silly mistakes all over the place – causing posts to go up late or to have misspellings in the title (and stay that way almost all day because I can’t manage to log into my account because LastPass isn’t working on my computer and I’m lost without it), forgetting to put books in my book haul in my Sunday Post or to link up posts I meant to link up … all sorts of crazy things. I just have to say sorry and hope you’ll all forgive a little craziness around here. I really need to take a little break – maybe just a week or so right around the holidays to get myself a bit more organized. (I hear you all laughing at me using that word – It’s hopeless, I know).
Anyway, here’s what you may have missed last week:
- Did I Mention I Love You? by Estelle Maskame (Review & Giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a copy of the book and an advance copy of the second book in the series!
- Top Ten New to Me Authors I Read in 2015
- This is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp (Review & Giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a Polaroid camera (and to get a lanyard if you pre-order!)
- Why Reading & Blogging are the Perfect Hobbies! Let’s Discuss.
- 2016 Discussion Challenge Sign-Up
- Looking for a List of 2016 Reading/Blogging Challenges? Look No Further!
Next week on FYFA:
- Snow Like Ashes and Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch (Review) – I know I said I was going to post this last week, but I decided to post my review of This is Where It Ends instead. So, sue me. 🙂
- The Undays of Aralias Lyons by K.L. Horvath (Author Top Ten List & Giveaway)
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish.
- Some other stuff maybe? I have no idea!!
Thanks to Lily over at Night Owl Book Cafe for this one!!
From My Secret Sister:
My Secret Sister actually sent these packages like two weeks ago and I forgot to put the picture here both last week AND the week before (now you see what I was talking about when I said I’m making weird silly mistakes lately!). Anyway, I hope she knows how much I love everything she’s sent me. I’ve been wearing the leg warmers, and they’re awesome!! And I’m FINALLY going to read The Winner’s Curse, people. You should be so proud.
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Laura over at Boats Against the Current asks How Do You Review?
- Grace over at Rebel Mommy Book Blog wonders Am I Too Easy of a Rater?
- Sue at CrushingCinders tells us one of her pet peeves in Why I Hate the Sneak Peek
- Nereyda over at Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist writes an awesome post about Realistic Character Body Image and Double Standards
- Rachel at Istyria Book Blogs tells us about her quest to feel less overwhelmed in her post: Why I’m Giving Up the ARCs
- Missie at A Flurry of Ponderings made her pregnancy announcement Harry Potter style! So cute!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat – Still time to enter to win a $20 Amazon gift card!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Silvara at Fantasy of the Silver Dragon is hosting the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up giveaway this month and she’s giving away an adorable book charm (made by Cait over at Paper Fury!!)
- Gone With the Words is participating in a tour that’s giving away an annotated copy of TRUEST by Jackie Lea Sommers. I LOVE that book!
- After Hours at Lilybloombooks is participating in a tour for Forgetting August by J.L. Berg, which is giving away a $50 Amazon gift card!
- Love at First Page is participating in a tour for Their Fractured Light, which is giving away 3 Starbound Series Prizepacks!
- XPresso Book Tours is giving away a SIGNED ARC of Of Light and Darkness
- Cait is celebrating one year of being Paper Fury with a giveaway!
- Rafflecopter is giving away an Apple iPad Air!
- XPresso Book Tours is giving away a Kindle Paperwhite and a $50 gift card!
- Win a Kindle Fire & a Mystery Box From Crimson Tree Publishing & Clean Teen Publishing
- Author S.M. Boyce is giving away a Paperwhite Kindle for the holidays!
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight has a Black Friday giveaway where you can win a book or bookish item of your choice!
- Cynthia is celebrating Bingeing on Books’ first blogoversary by giving away any book she’s reviewed!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!