Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
This past week, I got to attend the Truthwitch and Passenger author event at Anderson’s Bookshop (along with my mom, as usual).
Not too much else new to report this week – I finished up that proofread I was working on and things are going well with the play. After I finished the proofread I actually had some time to catch up on replying and visiting the book blogosphere, which was nice!
Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira (The Book About Me as a Teenager) – Review
- Identity Crisis by Melissa Schorr – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a hardcover copy of the book!
- Thief of Lies by Brenda Drake – Top Ten Reasons Arik is Swoonworthy & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a Kindle Fire & Coffee Table Book that inspired the Library Jumpers series & a Swag Pack!
- The Heir and the Spare by Emily Albright – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a copy of the book!
- What Blogging Has Done to My Bookshelves – Let’s Discuss!
Next week on FYFA:
- Unravel and Unhinge by Calia Read – Review
- The Year We Fell Apart by Emily Martin – Review & Giveaway
- Recap of Anderson’s Truthwitch and Passenger author event
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish!
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
A few birthdays and blogoversaries coming up next week. I hope you’ll stop on by these blogs and send the bloggers some cheer in honor of their special days!! (And check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up.)
- Jan 17th – Books and Tea’s Blogoversary!
- Jan 18th – Author S.J. Pajonas’s Birthday
- Jan 23rd – Tomes Project’s Blogoversary!
Okay, I now have my absolute motivation to read Anne Bishop’s books – I need to catch up with the series before book four’s release! This series will be read for my series challenge next month.
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
There are already almost 70 discussions linked up to our discussion challenge this month. There’s something there for everyone, so check it out! I’m caught up with all of them now, and here are just a few of them:
- Katy at WildeOnMySide tells us about the trials and tribulations of trying to teach her favorite books to her students in The Secret Diary of an English Teacher.
- Zeee at Love Romance and YA talks about her design favorites and pet peeves and asks Do You Judge a Blog by their Cover?
- Cynthia at Bingeing on Books writes about what to do When An Author Doesn’t Like Your Review.
- Kristen and Metaphors and Moonlight gives us A Feminist Gripe About Love Triangles.
- Charlie at Girl of 1000 Wonders asks for Tour Company Recommendations.
- Jo at Once Upon a Bookcase muses about If Book Bloggers Were to Get Paid.
- Shannon at It Starts at Midnight asks about Numerical Ratings: Love ’em or Loathe ’em?
Also, Alexa at Words off the Page is organizing a Blind Book Date Club where you send a book to another blogger for discussion!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Year-End Wrap-Up Giveaway – Still time to help me clear my shelves (US) or win a book of your choice (INT)
- January Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway – Link up your January discussions and enter to win a Pre-Order of a 2016 Release
- Those Who Remain by Priscila Santa Rosa – Last chance to win a paperback copy
- The Undays of Aralias Lyons by K.L. Horvath – Last chance to enter to win a signed paperback!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- This one cracked me up and I just had to include it – Beckie at Bittersweet Enchantments is giving away a Hot Dudes Coloring Book (courtesy of Penguin Random House).
- Rachel over at Fiktshun is giving away a stack of books because she’s moving!
- Eugenia over at Genie in a book is celebrating her birthday with a giveaway!
- Lisa at Lost in Literature is taking part in a blog tour that’s giving away two copies of Thicker Than Water by Brigid Kemmerer.
- Lisa at Lost in Lit is also participating in the blog tour for Bookishly Ever After – enter to win a copy! (Make sure you read the adorable character interview too!)
- Lots of blogs participating in the Dreaming of Books Giveaway Hop!
- And the January New Release Giveaway Hop!
- Stuck in Books is celebrating their fifth blogoversary with several giveaways! There’s a chance to win Lux Beginnings, Consequences & Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Pawn by Aimee Carter, Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck, Vipers Rule by Stephanie Tyler, What We Find by Robyn Carr, Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry, a signed copy of Wicked by Jennifer L Armentrout, Young World by Chris Weitz and lots more! (Check the sidebar – I ran out of time to link them all up!)
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight is giving away bookish Christmas presents on her blog!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
YAY for author events – and that’s awesome that you attend those with your mom ♥ Susan Dennard and Alexandra Bracken together sounds like a stellar combination!! I wish more authors came within reasonable distance of me sometimes. Oh and I still need to read Anne Bishop’s books! They’re on my tbr shelf though but I really must get my hands on the first book soon 🙂 Happy Sunday and have a wonderful week! xx
I would love to go to an author event! It sounds like a fun one.
I’m excited to read the Anne Bishop series too. I’ll be reading book 1 next week and I can’t wait.
Have a lovely week and happy reading! 🙂
Ooh, I love author events! I haven’t been to many but they’re always lots of fun 😀 The Blind Book Date Club sounds like such a fun idea so I’ll definitely check it out. I hope you have a great week, Nicole!
Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf
Thanks for the mention, Nicole! I am loving Let’s Discuss; so many brilliant posts. Thanks for running it.
Oooh nice! I am so behind in Anne’s series! But this reminds me I probably need to preorder this one soon! Hope you enjoy your new reads!!
Here’s my STS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
Yay for author events! I always look for them around me but my bookstores never have anything I am interested in. Enjoy your new books and have a great week!
I need to attend more author events here in Austin, but standing so long like the last time had my back on fire. I’m glad to hear the play is going well!
I just finished “Marked In Flesh” earlier this week! I hope you catch the addiction that is Anne Bishop novels, especially that series. *grins* She’s one of my all-time favorite authors.
There are a few really good book events coming up near me and I really want to go to as many as possible – unfortunately I work during some. I kind of hate working nights at times. LOL
Looks like you had a nice and productive week though, so yay!!
p.s. just saw your comment about the book for the unique format challenge. Yes, i.m.’s in a book works just fine! 🙂 It’s not a super strict challenge. Some books are WAY more unique than others but I want a lot of people to dip their toe in…see what you find!
Looks like you had a great week. That event was probably epic! How do you find time to post all this greatness? Seriously, so much sharing here. Thanks!
Author events for the win! I have been stalking the bookstore here in atlanta that has a lot but nothing yet!
Gah! Marked in Flesh. How lucky you are! I so would love to read that right now. Sigh.
Have a great week, Nicole!
I can’t wait to hear about the Truthwitch and Passenger author event you attended! I just got the hardback of Passenger last week and it’s so pretty! Have a great week!
That sounds like a great author event — I’m glad you got to go! I’ll check out a few of those discussion posts; thanks for the links. And can I just say how much I like your header?
Sounds like a good stress-free week was had!