Last two weeks on FYFA (and in my life):
Busy week around here! We’re coming up on the end of our homeschooling co-op year and we have our final performances next week. That means that we’ve been trying to get all the last minute things together. I also finished up a first edit of the new book I’ve been working on for author Jayden Abello. And as you can see, I’ve been back in the swing of things on the blog.
I also started going through my Bloglovin’ feed to clean things up again. It’s been a while since I updated it, and a lot of newer active followers weren’t in my Active Followers folder – which is the folder I follow most closely. (If you’re curious about my system for organizing my Bloglovin’ feed, check out my post about that HERE.) I was also surprised to find that a few people I’ve been visiting for quite some time weren’t in there!! Just goes to show I need to stay more on top of actively managing my feed!
Here’s what you may have missed this past week:
- Bite-Sized Reviews – Romancing the Nerd, Into the Dim, Tuck Everlasting, Island of the Blue Dolphins
- Once Upon a Dream by Liz Braswell – Review
- ARC April Sign-up
- The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows – Review
- The Series Dilemma – Let’s Discuss
And, while this wasn’t technically on my blog, Kissin’ Blue Karen is hosting the Monthly Wrap-up Round-up Giveaway this month, so head over there and check it out!
Next week on FYFA:
- Gods of Anthem by Logan Keys – Audiobook Review
- The Daydreamer Detective by SJ Pajonas – Review
- Let’s Discuss – Something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
A few birthdays and blogoversaries coming up next week. If you have a chance, I hope you’ll stop by these blogs and send the bloggers some cheer in honor of their special days! (And check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up.)
- Apr 10 – Jen @ Star-Crossed Book Blog‘s Birthday
- Apr 13 – Julie @ Chapter Break‘s Birthday
- April 15 – Aeriko @ The Reading Armchair‘s Birthday
- April 15 – Laura @ Boats Against The Current‘s Birthday
- April 15 – Paved With Books‘ Blogoversary
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
The discussion challenge is still going strong – it amazes me how many new discussions get posted every single day! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Nicola @ The Prattle of Hastings talks about tropes she loves and hates (at the same time!).
- Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight asks What Age Protagonist Do You Prefer?
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight talks about her Pickiness of Endings.
- Jess @ The Bookish Blog talks about Author Accessibility: The Ups and Downs.
- Kaja @ Of Dragons and Hearts asks Should Romance be Realistic?
Octavia @ Read. Sleep. Repeat. and Whitley @ Reading With a Vengeance are hosting a BEA Blogger Dinner. If you’re planning on being at BEA, make sure you head over there and sign up. I want to meet all of you!!!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye – Still time to enter to win an autographed ARC of The Crown’s Game
- Pre-order Renee Ahdieh’s THE ROSE AND THE DAGGER and receive a deluxe art print featuring a quote and scene from THE WRATH AND THE DAWN, beautifully illustrated by Helen Yoon.
- Pre-order Evelyn Skye’s THE CROWN’S GAME and receive some special goodies! So far, it’s a bookmark, a sticker and two trading cards, but as more books are pre-ordered, more swag will be unlocked!
- Pre-order A COURT OF MIST AND FURY, the second book in the Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas, to receive a series tote bag!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Head over to Star-Crossed Book Blog to enter to win a hardcover of THE GLITTERING COURT & a $25 Sephora Gift Card!
- Clean Teen Publishing has a new giveaway with $120 worth of audiobook prizes!
- Zeee at I Heart Romance and YA is celebrating her birthday by giving away a Box of Books!
- Chapter Break is celebrating its two year blogoversary with a GIANT giveaway!
- Lost in Lit is celebrating two years of co-blogging by giving away one of the books they’ve jointly reviewed!
- Lots of blogs participating in the Raining Romance Giveaway Hop!
- Lori over at Writing My Own Fairy Tale does a Friday Grab Bag where she gives away an ARC from her ARC list.
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!