Last two weeks on FYFA (and in my life):
I think last week might have been the first week ever that I didn’t post a Sunday Post (at least since I started doing them). It feels so strange!! Still, I’m glad I (mostly) stuck to my plan not to post and just enjoyed my vacation in Arizona. If you’d like to see a few pics of my trip, check out my March Recap post! We had a fantabulous time!
Here’s what you may have missed these past two weeks:
- Siren’s Song by Mary Weber – Review (I know I said there’d be a giveaway for this tour, but apparently the details never got arranged – sorry! If you look in my “Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites” section, I found a giveaway for this series for you guys!)
- March Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up – Link up your month end recaps here and watch for the giveaway, which will be posted on Kissin’ Blue Karen on April 8th!
- Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win one of four signed copies of Nowhere But Here.
- April Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – It’s a new month, so it’s time for a new link-up!
- A Change in Focus – Let’s Discuss – Make sure you read this important announcement about the new direction my blog is headed!!
- March Recap (incl. pics from my trip to Arizona!)
Next week on FYFA:
- Some reviews – I’ve got a lot to catch up on, but I haven’t decided what I’m posting yet!
- Let’s Discuss – Something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
A few birthdays and blogoversaries coming up next week. If you have a chance, I hope you’ll stop by these blogs and send the bloggers some cheer in honor of their special days! (And check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up.)
- Apr 3 – Jillian’s Books‘ Blogoversary
- Apr 3 – Wanda @ booklovercircumspect4‘s Birthday
- Apr 5 – Chapter Break‘s Blogoversary
- Apr 5 – Zeee @ I Heart Romance & YA‘s Birthday
It’s been awhile since I’ve accepted any review requests from indie or self-published authors, and I felt like it was time. I’ve been missing out on some great books, so this week I got two self-pubbed and one from a smaller publisher (and then an Ellie Cahill book because – yay! Ellie Cahill!).
Saw the trailer for this movie, and now I just have to read the book! (I know, I’m way late to the game.)
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
I just got caught up on the discussions in the discussion challenge after my hiatus. (I seriously read like 50 discussions in the past few days – my head is swimming in them! You guys are awesome, discussion writing maniacs!) and so I have to share a few of my favorites:
- Daniela Ark asks What is your Blogger Age?
- Kaja at Of Dragons and Hearts asks Are Bloggers Really Introverts?
- Jess at Princessica of Books tells us about her newest obsession: Podcasts (I didn’t really know bookish podcasts existed).
- Micheline at Lunar Rainbows asks Has blogging changed your bookish self?
- Check out It Starts at Midnight’s and The Innocent Smiley’s … um, interesting … Turnt-Up 21ers Tour.
- Cait over at Paper Fury gives great advice on Why You Aren’t Getting Comments on Your Blog
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- March Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Last chance to link up your March discussions and enter the giveaway!!
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye – Still time to enter to win an autographed ARC of The Crown’s Game
- Pre-order Renee Ahdieh’s THE ROSE AND THE DAGGER and receive a deluxe art print featuring a quote and scene from THE WRATH AND THE DAWN, beautifully illustrated by Helen Yoon.
- Pre-order Evelyn Skye’s THE CROWN’S GAME and receive some special goodies! So far, it’s a bookmark, a sticker and a trading card, but as more books are pre-ordered, more swag will be unlocked!
- Pre-order THE GLITTERING COURT by Richelle Mead and get a welcome kit containing gemstone tattoos and a guide to The Glittering Court. You’ll also be entered for the chance to win the Glittering Court Grand Prize for you and a friend to start new lives of glamor and adventure.
- Pre-order A COURT OF MIST AND FURY, the second book in the Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas, to receive a series tote bag!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Head over to With Love for Books for a chance to win a Siren’s Song hardback or Storm Siren & Siren’s Fury paperback!
- Lost in Lit is celebrating two years of co-blogging by giving away one of the books they’ve jointly reviewed!
- It’s Parajunkee’s Birthday and she’s celebrating by giving away a stack of 10 books!
- Head over to Red House Books for a chance to win one of 5 Copies of THE QUEEN’S POISONER and an Ally Condie Prize Pack: 5 finished copies of SUMMERLOST, a paperback copy of ATLANTIA, a copy of book one of MATCHED.
- Lots of blogs participating in the Spread Some Indie Love Blog Hop, the Raining Romance Giveaway Hop AND the Fool for Books Giveaway Hop!!
- Head over to Lovin’ Los Libros for a chance to win one of five signed copies of THE FINE ART OF PRETENDING
- Lori over at Writing My Own Fairy Tale does a Friday Grab Bag where she gives away an ARC from her ARC list.
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!