Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
As if I didn’t get enough books at BEA, I spent several hours this past week volunteering at the Scholastic Warehouse sale so that I could get MORE free books for my kids. I managed to get 23 free books for them! (Actually, 22 – one was for me. ‘Cause, you know, I need more books.) My husband is convinced I have a serious illness. I’d better start having some more giveaways so that I can fit all of these books on our shelves because the book piles are NOT going over well. 🙂
Yesterday, I spent the day in bed because I came down with a mysterious fever and felt miserable. On the plus side, that meant I spent the ENTIRE day reading, but I would have preferred to not feel like I wanted to barf the whole day. I actually didn’t think I was going to manage to get a Sunday Post up today, but I’m feeling much better at this moment – hopefully it lasts!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog this past week:
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye – ARC Review (AKA You Should Read This Book)
- #BEA16 Day One Wrap-Up & Giveaway!! – Still time to enter to win a signed copy of one of my favorite NA books – When Joss Met Matt!
- #BEA16 Day Two Wrap-Up & Jennifer Niven Holding Up the Universe Giveaway!! – Still time to enter to win the ARC!
- Clean Sweep ARC Challenge 24-Hour Readathon Acrostic Giveaway! – Sorry, this one’s over!
Next week on FYFA:
Okay, so I’d planned on changing the schedule date of The Crown’s Game so that it would go up last week, but in all the BEA craziness, I didn’t remember to do it. It’s scheduled for tomorrow, though!
- BEA Day 3 Wrap-Up & Giveaway
- The Cage and The Hunt by Megan Shepherd – Review
- Bite Sized Reviews of some other books I’ve read recently – I’m really behind!!
Clean Sweep ARC Challenge April Update:
I participated in the 24-hour Read-a-thon, and since I was sick, I pretty much read ALL day. Couldn’t read much at night, though because I conked out before 10. Oh well! I still managed to read two books (one of which was almost 500 pages), which brought my challenge total for this week to four books. Three of these were BEA books! You can see my update on my Clean Sweep Challenge Sign-up Page
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Lots of things to celebrate next week! I hope you’ll stop by these blogs and send the bloggers some cheer in honor of their special days! (And check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up.)
- May 23 – Monica @ Tomes Project‘s Birthday
- May 24 – Clara @ Lost in My Library‘s Birthday
- May 27 – Paper Fury‘s Blogoversary
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- The Season of You & Me by Robin Constantine – Last chance to enter to win a copy of the book!
- While this isn’t technically on my blog, the giveaway for this month’s Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up is still going on over at 125 Pages! You can enter to win a Grab Bag of Goodies, Including 2 books from BEA16!
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys – Still time to enter to win my signed ARC copy of the book!
- May Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up your May discussion posts and enter to win a book of your choice!
- Pre-order THE DARKEST TORMENT by Gena Showalter and get an e-copy of The Darkest Day, a short Lords of the Underworld scene, or an e-copy of Kat in Zombieland, an AiZ short story. Plus, you’ll be entered to win more prizes!
- Pre-order IVORY & BONE by Julie Eshbaugh and get a swag pack – you’ll also be entered to win other prizes!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Wendy over at Book Scents is celebrating her three year blogoversary and she’s giving away a bunch of books and swag!
- YA author Ingrid Seymour is giving away 12 YA hardcover books and more! (There are some great books here!!!)
- Head over to Pink Polka Dot Book Blog for a chance to win a Finished Copy of Breaker by Kat Ellis
- Head over to It Starts at Midnight because Shannon’s giving away an ARC of THE HUNT (US ONLY) by Megan Shepherd
- Lots of blogs participating in the May New Release Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to 125 Pages for a chance to win a CROWN’S GAME necklace made by Tales of A Ravenous Reader, US Only.
- Head over to Read.Sleep.Repeat. for a chance to win the Three Scoops of Summer Prize Pack!
- Head over to Mostly YA Lit for a chance to win one of two The Unexpected Everything mini-book necklaces or a Signed, personalized copy of SINCE YOU’VE BEEN GONE, a Signed, personalized The Unexpected Everything ARC & prize pack, One copy of any Morgan Matson book or Finished copies of all four Morgan Matson books!
- Tonyalee over at Lilybloombooks has created a Middle Grade Madness link-up. Link-up your reviews of middle grade books (or comment on linked reviews) and enter to win one!
- Enter to have your name in the list of casualties in Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff!!
- Nori @ Read Write Love 28 is celebrating her birthday with a giveaway – enter to win a book of your choice!
- Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books is running the Meet the Newbies event where you can win 1 Pre-Order or Finished Copy of Any Debut Novel Featured on Meet the Newbies (INT) – Several of the tour stops also have individual giveaways as well!
- Lori over at Writing My Own Fairy Tale does a Friday Grab Bag where she gives away an ARC from her ARC list.
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!