Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
This week we had an exchange student named Carmen come to stay with us! She’ll be here for three weeks, and it’s been really fun getting to know her so far!
On the blogging front, I had the chance to see Victoria Schwab on her tour for This Savage Song, and I found her completely fascinating. Watch the blog next week for a recap!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog:
- June Recap & Best of the Bunch
- I Dream in YA – Let’s Discuss!
- Defending Taylor by Miranda Kenneally – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win one of two copies of the book!
- The Siege by Mark Alpert – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win one of two copies of the book!
- Sunborn Rising by Aaron Safronoff – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win one of five signed paperbacks of this gorgeous book!
- June Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway – Still time to enter the giveaway (you don’t have to participate in the wrap-up round-up to enter!)
Next week on FYFA:
- I need to catch up on some reviews next week, but I don’t have it planned out. (How is it that I somehow manage to sign up for three tours in one week and then none in the next? Wish I could have The three tours were all for books that I knew I was going to read and review anyway, so it made sense, but I wish I could have spread them out a bit!)
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
A couple of blogger birthdays and blogoversaries this week! I hope you’ll stop on by these blogs and give the bloggers well-wishes on their special days! Check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
First of all, I have to acknowledge two recent celebrations that I missed! One was submitted on the day of the event and the other was submitted a few days before, but I didn’t see it until after the date had passed. I would love it if you would pop over to these two blogs and tell them Nicole over at Feed Your Fiction Addiction is sorry she missed their big days!
- July 2nd – Alice @ Arctic Books‘ Birthday
- July 3rd – Princessica of Books‘ Blogoversary
Now onto the upcoming events:
- July 13th – Genesis @ Latte Nights Reviews‘ Birthday
- July 15th – Michelle @ Life Among the Pages‘ Birthday
- July 15th – Morgan @ Remembered Deservedly‘s Birthday
I’m short on time this week (and I’m sleepy!), so I’ll update you next week.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Zero by Morgan Dark – Last chance to enter to win a SPECIAL EDITION e-copy of the book!
- The Memory Book by Lara Avery – Last chance to enter to win a copy of the book!
- The Clay Lion by Amalie Jahn – Still time to enter to win an ebook copy of this fun time travel book!
- July Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway! – Link up your July discussions and enter to win!
- Pre-order THE TELLING by Alexandra Sirowy and get exclusive swag!
- Pre-order AS I DESCENDED by Robin Talley to receive bookmarks and stickers featuring the book’s beautiful cover, plus a signed bookplate!
- Pre-order FOREVER DOON by Carey Corp & Lorie Langdon and get some awesome exclusives!
- Pre-order FATAL IDENTITY by Marie Force and enter to win a Bookclub Skype visit with Marie Force + $250 Visa card + backlist of the Fatal series.
- Pre-order STEALING SNOW by Danielle Paige to receive a compact mirror!
- Pre-order Sarah J. Maas’s EMPIRE OF STORMS to receive a ToG notebook and/or preorder THE THRONE OF GLASS COLORING BOOK and get a ToG coloring pencils set!!
- Pre-order YOU WILL KNOW ME by Megan Abbott and Little, Brown Books will send you a free copy of one of her paperbacks!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Head over to Such a Novel Idea for a chance to win a finished copy of Ink & Bone (US Only)
- Tonyalee over at Lilybloombooks has created a Middle Grade Madness link-up. Link-up your reviews of middle grade books (or comment on linked reviews) and enter to win one! You can link up July reviews on this post.
- Novel Ink is celebrating it’s 4 year blogoversary with a giveaway!
- Lots of blogs participating in the Freedom to Read Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to The Eater of Books and check out the cover reveal for Rachel Vincent’s newest book, and while you’re there, enter to win a Signed set of THE STARS NEVER RISE (PB) + THE FLAME NEVER DIES (ARC)
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
I’m looking forward to your Victoria Schwab tour stop recap. I follow her on Twitter, and she seems really nice. I can’t wait to read her new book.
She was awesome – and her new book is AMAZING. You definitely need to read it!
An exchange student! How fun! 🙂 Hope you have a great week!
Thanks! It has been fun!
An exchange student sounds like fun. Where is she from?
She’s from Spain. It’s been great fun! We had an exchange student from France five years ago, but it’s nicer now that our kids are older.
How exciting to have a foreign exchange student! We haven’t had one at my school for a few years now. It is always so neat to have them though! I also always love going to author events, they always amaze me at how awesome they are! 🙂 Okay, now on to check out all the giveaways you’ve linked to. You can check out my Sunday Post in the link below!
We’re considering having an exchange student for an entire schoolyear sometime, but for now it’s just three weeks. This is our second exchange student. She’s from Spain (our last one was from France, but that was five years ago).
That’s great you have an exchange student! I hope you all have a blast getting to know one another. My sister did an exchange with a girl from France when we were in high school and it was great. 🙂
That’s awesome you got to attend the This Savage Song tour. I was hoping it would come near me, but alas, it did not.
We had a French exchange student five years ago. Carmen is from Spain. It’s fun to learn about other cultures – maybe someday our kids will do an exchange student program somewhere as well!
My Literary Flits weekly giveaway this week is for a copy of Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. Open internationally, closes Wednesday at midnight (UK time).
I’m a bit late to the game. Sorry. Do you guys do this every week – I’ll make sure to check it out sooner next week and link you up!
Thank you for these valuable informations! I’ll make sure to check soe of these blogs.
I hope you’ll have fun getting to know Carmen! 🙂
I’m always happy to spread the word about fun giveaways!
Wow! Hosting an exchange student sounds like fun! I’ve always wanted to do that, but we’d have no place to put her/him. Lol. We have a small house. I hope you have a great week!
She’s sleeping in Danielle’s room and Danielle is sleeping on the top bunk in Jaden’s room. It works for three weeks, at any rate.
I love Spain, I lived there for 15 months many many years ago. I hope her stay here is wonderful/
I loved getting to interact and befriend the foreign exchange students at my high school. I remember coming home and telling my mom about Yu, and she kept asking me “What?” because she thought I was saying “you” in the middle of my sentences. I have one I keep up with on Facebook, and she’s been all over since we graduated. (Oh, and our high school was refusing to let her graduate! A bunch of parents started some major backlash and the district relented.) Where is Carmen from? I hope your family enjoys her stay!
I can’t wait to hear more about your time with Victoria Schwab, that’s so exciting you got to meet her!
Oh our blog was also given a paperback copy of Ink & Bone to giveaway too. Plus the odds are really great. ?