Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
I’ve been busier than I expected to be this summer. I’m taking my copyediting certificate classes and doing some school with my kids – my daughter needs me to sit down and work with her one-on-one for math – the beginnings of algebra are making her crazy! (Math is definitely not her favorite thing.) My youngest has some cognitive delays and auditory processing issues, so we decided to try a new reading program that really focuses on training his brain to differentiate between slight variations in sounds. I’m excited to try it, but he has to do it for an hour and a half a day, and I feel like I need to sit with him and make sure he stays on task. Once he gets going with it a bit more, though, I’m hoping I’ll be able to do some blogging or something while I’m sitting next to him 🙂
Yesterday was my older son’s 14th birthday, so we celebrated with family (his twin cousins were born the next day, and his younger cousin has a birthday a week later, so we celebrate all the birthdays at once). I can’t believe he’s gotten so old!
I didn’t manage a discussion this week. Oops! Here’s what you may have missed on the blog, though:
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab – Review
- June Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up – Link up your June wrap-up posts here and then watch for the giveaway here on FYFA on the 9th!
- Bite-Sized Audiobook Reviews – Porcelain Keys, The Accident Season, Vivian Apple at the End of the World, and Every Last Word
- The Memory Book by Lara Avery – Spotlight & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a finished copy of the book!
- Zero by Morgan Dark – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a copy of the book!
- July Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up your July discussion posts and enter to win the giveaway!
Next week on FYFA:
- June Wrap-Up
- Defending Taylor by Miranda Kenneally – Review & Giveaway
- The Siege by Mark Alpert – Review & Giveaway
- Sunborn Rising by Aaron Safranoff – Review & Giveaway
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Another week with no blogger birthdays or blogoversaries! This is the first time there have been two weeks in a row! Check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
I read the first book in this series and really enjoyed it, but by the time I tried to read the second one, I was just having trouble remembering everything that was going on and, therefore, connecting. So, I was excited when I won the audio version of the book (thanks, SM Boyce!) because I think the audio might be perfect for this one. I also went ahead and got the first book (Lichtgates) for free on Kindle and then paid just $1.99 to get that one on Audible too. I plan to do a “reread” of the first book on audio and then jump right into this one!
This is another one that I bought cheap for the Kindle (it’s only $1.99 right now!) and then I paid $3.99 to get the audio as well. I’m loving audio books lately, and this is a great way to get them cheap!
Audiobooks from SYNC:
I actually got the first two last week and forgot to mention them! Only picked up one of this week’s.
From My OTSP Secret Sister:
My secret sister just goes above and beyond every single month. I am beyond grateful to her, especially for all the handmade things (she made me the light up box for my anniversary). I’m jealous of her craftiness! And I’m really excited to read all of these books that have been on my wishlist for ages!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- The Clay Lion by Amalie Jahn – Still time to enter to win an ebook copy of this fun time travel book!
- June Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway! – Link up your June discussions and enter to win!
- Pre-order STEALING SNOW by Danielle Paige to receive a compact mirror!
- Pre-order Sarah J. Maas’s EMPIRE OF STORMS to receive a ToG notebook and/or preorder THE THRONE OF GLASS COLORING BOOK and get a ToG coloring pencils set!!
- Pre-order YOU WILL KNOW ME by Megan Abbott and Little, Brown Books will send you a free copy of one of her paperbacks!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Novel Ink is celebrating it’s 4 year blogoversary with a giveaway!
- Lots of blogs participating in the Freedom to Read Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to The Eater of Books and check out the cover reveal for Rachel Vincent’s newest book, and while you’re there, enter to win a Signed set of THE STARS NEVER RISE (PB) + THE FLAME NEVER DIES (ARC)
- Head over to I Heart Romance and YA to check out the A-Z Diverse Readathon and enter to win a book of your choice!
- Katie over at Mundie Moms is giving away a box of ARCS from BEA, which includes, – Heartless, A Torch Against The Night, Empire of Dust, Frost Blood, Seven Days of You, The King Slayer and The Lovely Reckless
- Tonyalee over at Lilybloombooks has created a Middle Grade Madness link-up. Link-up your reviews of middle grade books (or comment on linked reviews) and enter to win one! You can link up June reviews on this post.
- Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books is running the Meet the Newbies event where you can win 1 Pre-Order or Finished Copy of Any Debut Novel Featured on Meet the Newbies (INT) – Several of the tour stops also have individual giveaways as well!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!