Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Yesterday I attended the YA Lit Conference at Anderson’s Bookshop – it’s a conference aimed at educators with 33 YA authors. I took notes on the keynotes and breakouts, and I’ll try to summarize some of the fun things I learned in a post next week! Today, I’m at the YA Fandom Frenzy event, which is more fan-focused.
In personal news, we had some things happen with my husband’s job this week that threw us into a complete tailspin–nothing bad, per se, but some major decisions need to be made and it’s all very stressful (and especially hard not to second-guess ourselves). Between the conference and the personal stuff going on, I’m going to try to get this week’s Sunday Post up quick. We shall see how I do with that.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog this past week:
- Gilt Hollow by Lorie Langdon – Review
- The Trouble with Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis – Review
- Remember Yesterday by Pintip Dunn – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a Limited, Annotated Hardcover of the first book in the series!
- I Have Giveaway Guilt. Let’s Discuss!
- September Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway
Next week on FYFA:
- Some reviews. Probably Spindle by Shonna Slayton, Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven and/or Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland, but I make no promises.
- Let’s Discuss: Something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Three birthdays this week! Make sure you send these bloggers som. Also, check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
- October 9th – Jillian @ Jillian’s Books’ Birthday
- October 13th – Mara @ Mara Was Here‘s Birthday
- October 14th – Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog‘s Birthday
I’m really tired, and I don’t have pictures ready, so I’m just going to update this next week.
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are some posts I especially loved this week:
- Lola @ Lola’s Reviews gives fantastic Advice on Running a Giveaway (especially great for authors)
- The gals over at Chapter Break share some Bookish Halloween Costumes
- Cait over at Paper Fury gives us 10 Reasons Why Book Collecting Is Actually the Worst
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Chasing Truth by Julie Cross – Review, Giveaway & Cross’s Top Ten Addictions – Still time to enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card and a paperback copy of Whatever Life Throws at You (INT)
- Wendy Darling: Seas by Colleen Oakes – Fall Favorite Things Blog Tour Spotlight & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win an ARC of the book!
- October Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
- Pre-order DIE FOR YOU by Amy Fellner Dominy and receive a personalized signed copy of the book along with a hand-crafted necklace (while supplies last). Open most places internationally.
- Pre-order BLOOD FOR BLOOD by Ryan Graudin to receive Storm After Storm—a Wolf by Wolf digital short story in Adele Wolfe’s point of view.
- Pre-order GLITTER by Aprilynn Pike and get a fun Glitter swag bag!
- Pre-order DEAD GIRLS SOCIETY by Michelle Krys & get an invite to join the Society, a code to access exclusive content & signed poster!
- Pre-order HEARTLESS by Marissa Meyer to get a Heartless branded magnetic bookmark.
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- It Starts at Midnight just turned three and Shannon is celebrating with a giveaway!!
- Lilybloombooks hosts Middle Grade Madness, a link-up for MG reviews. Link up and enter to win a MG book! You can also head to her blog for a chance to win an autographed copy of Wishapick: Tickety Boo and the Black Trunk, the Wishapick: Tickety Boo and the Black Trunk soundtrack, and a Fitbit Alta
- Enter to win a trip to meet Marissa Meyer!
- The Bookavid is celebrating its two year blogoversary with a giveaway! Enter to be one of three people to win $20 worth of books from The Book Depository (INTL)
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!