Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
It’s funny, I keep going back to old Sunday Posts and seeing half-written sentences. Apparently, I’m not very careful when I write these Sunday Posts and I get distracted! Sorry about that.
Anyway, the big news for this week is NaNoWriMo. I’m doing it! So, far I’ve stayed on track for my 50,000 words, and I feel pretty good about my progress with this book. Better yet, I actually feel like I have a place to go with it and a plot that might actually work (unlike the last time I did NaNo). Obviously I’m going to need to do some major editing after NaNo to clean things up, but I feel like this book has actual potential. If you haven’t seen what I’m writing yet and you’re curious, you can read about the book here.
Feed Your Fiction Addiction was named as a Top 100 Book Blog on Feedspot, so that was really nice. I’m not gonna lie, I have no idea how this list is made, but my blog is up there with some of the “big bloggers,” so I’m just going to say thanks for the honor and accept it. 🙂
Because of NaNo, I’ve been a bit scarce around the blogosphere this month. I hope that I’ll have time to do some wandering later this week, but I can’t make promises. Still, if I haven’t come by in a while, know that I still love you!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog this week:
- October Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up
- October Recap & Best of the Bunch
- November Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
- Everyday Magic by Emily Albright – Spotlight and Giveaway
- Bloodmoon by Aurora Whittet – Review & (Double) Giveaway
- Red Winter by Annette Marie – Review & Giveaway
Next week on FYFA:
- The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid – Review & Giveaway
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer – Audiobook Review
- Let’s Discuss: Something bookish! 🙂 (Probably. If I can manage it. With NaNoWriMo, my discussion posts might be limited this month.)
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Two events this week! Hope you’ll head over and wish these bloggers lots of happiness! Also, check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
- November 6th – Tiff @ Mostly YA Lit‘s Birthday
- November 9th – Brittany @ Please Feed The Bookworm‘s Birthday (I’m linking to her on Twitter because her blog seems to have disappeared)
Thanks so much to Random House Children’s Books!
I won this from Tanya over at Girl Plus Books. Thanks, Tanya!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are some posts I especially loved this week:
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight asks Does Social Media Competence Equal Blog Success?
- Heather talks about her NaNo book and tells us what issues she’d like to address in her post: Problematic Regency Romances
- Jeanene @ Got My Book talks about characters who think, overthink or don’t think in her post: Second & Third Thoughts vs. Too Stupid to Live
- Kristen @ Metaphors & Moonlight asks Why Are We So Attracted to Pretty Book Covers?
- Wendy @ Falconer’s Library talks about books in her classroom library and the challenges that come with that in her post: Does Your Mother Know You’re Reading That?
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- A Recap of the YA Lit Conference & Fandom Frenzy – Still time to enter to win a signed paperback of Adam Silvera’s More Happy Than Not.
- October Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Last chance to enter this one!
- Pre-order HOLLYWOOD DAYS WITH HAYES by Hayes Grier and receive a signed poster from Hayes
- Pre-order WAYFARER by Alexandra Bracken and receive a personalized holiday card from Bracken, as well as an 8×10 print.
- Preorder THE EDGE OF EVERYTHING by Jeff Giles to receive a keepsake metal bookmark!
- Pre-order THIS IS OUR STORY by Ashley Elston and get a pouch, signed bookmark, sticker, tattoo, pin, and deer antler necklace. Added bonus is that everyone will be automatically entered to win the mega prize: signed copies of The Rules for Disappearing, The Rules for Breaking, and This is Our Story.
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- It’s My Thoughts Literally’s blogoversary and she’s celebrating with a giveaway!
- The Emerald City Book Review is having her annual Witch Week event. Head over there to read her posts and to enter to win three hardcover American fantasy books (Roses and Rot, All the Birds in the Sky, and Radiance)
- Head over to The Fox’s Hideaway for a chance to win The Rains.
- Head over to Star-Crossed Book Blog for a chance to win a Paperback Copy Of The Raven Boys + a Paperback Copy of The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater + a Signed Postcard (EUROPE only)
- Shooting Stars Mag has several Harry Potter giveaways going on right now! You can enter to win a Hogwarts House Lantern, a Harry Potter Chest, a Harry, Ron, or Hermione Ornament, and a Dozen Harry Potter Cookies, a Gryffindor Scarf.
- It Starts at Midnight just turned three and Shannon is celebrating with a giveaway!!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!