Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
It’s funny, I keep going back to old Sunday Posts and seeing half-written sentences. Apparently, I’m not very careful when I write these Sunday Posts and I get distracted! Sorry about that.
Anyway, the big news for this week is NaNoWriMo. I’m doing it! So, far I’ve stayed on track for my 50,000 words, and I feel pretty good about my progress with this book. Better yet, I actually feel like I have a place to go with it and a plot that might actually work (unlike the last time I did NaNo). Obviously I’m going to need to do some major editing after NaNo to clean things up, but I feel like this book has actual potential. If you haven’t seen what I’m writing yet and you’re curious, you can read about the book here.
Feed Your Fiction Addiction was named as a Top 100 Book Blog on Feedspot, so that was really nice. I’m not gonna lie, I have no idea how this list is made, but my blog is up there with some of the “big bloggers,” so I’m just going to say thanks for the honor and accept it. 🙂
Because of NaNo, I’ve been a bit scarce around the blogosphere this month. I hope that I’ll have time to do some wandering later this week, but I can’t make promises. Still, if I haven’t come by in a while, know that I still love you!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog this week:
- October Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up
- October Recap & Best of the Bunch
- November Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
- Everyday Magic by Emily Albright – Spotlight and Giveaway
- Bloodmoon by Aurora Whittet – Review & (Double) Giveaway
- Red Winter by Annette Marie – Review & Giveaway
Next week on FYFA:
- The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid – Review & Giveaway
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer – Audiobook Review
- Let’s Discuss: Something bookish! 🙂 (Probably. If I can manage it. With NaNoWriMo, my discussion posts might be limited this month.)
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Two events this week! Hope you’ll head over and wish these bloggers lots of happiness! Also, check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
- November 6th – Tiff @ Mostly YA Lit‘s Birthday
- November 9th – Brittany @ Please Feed The Bookworm‘s Birthday (I’m linking to her on Twitter because her blog seems to have disappeared)
Thanks so much to Random House Children’s Books!
I won this from Tanya over at Girl Plus Books. Thanks, Tanya!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are some posts I especially loved this week:
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight asks Does Social Media Competence Equal Blog Success?
- Heather talks about her NaNo book and tells us what issues she’d like to address in her post: Problematic Regency Romances
- Jeanene @ Got My Book talks about characters who think, overthink or don’t think in her post: Second & Third Thoughts vs. Too Stupid to Live
- Kristen @ Metaphors & Moonlight asks Why Are We So Attracted to Pretty Book Covers?
- Wendy @ Falconer’s Library talks about books in her classroom library and the challenges that come with that in her post: Does Your Mother Know You’re Reading That?
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- A Recap of the YA Lit Conference & Fandom Frenzy – Still time to enter to win a signed paperback of Adam Silvera’s More Happy Than Not.
- October Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Last chance to enter this one!
- Pre-order HOLLYWOOD DAYS WITH HAYES by Hayes Grier and receive a signed poster from Hayes
- Pre-order WAYFARER by Alexandra Bracken and receive a personalized holiday card from Bracken, as well as an 8×10 print.
- Preorder THE EDGE OF EVERYTHING by Jeff Giles to receive a keepsake metal bookmark!
- Pre-order THIS IS OUR STORY by Ashley Elston and get a pouch, signed bookmark, sticker, tattoo, pin, and deer antler necklace. Added bonus is that everyone will be automatically entered to win the mega prize: signed copies of The Rules for Disappearing, The Rules for Breaking, and This is Our Story.
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- It’s My Thoughts Literally’s blogoversary and she’s celebrating with a giveaway!
- The Emerald City Book Review is having her annual Witch Week event. Head over there to read her posts and to enter to win three hardcover American fantasy books (Roses and Rot, All the Birds in the Sky, and Radiance)
- Head over to The Fox’s Hideaway for a chance to win The Rains.
- Head over to Star-Crossed Book Blog for a chance to win a Paperback Copy Of The Raven Boys + a Paperback Copy of The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater + a Signed Postcard (EUROPE only)
- Shooting Stars Mag has several Harry Potter giveaways going on right now! You can enter to win a Hogwarts House Lantern, a Harry Potter Chest, a Harry, Ron, or Hermione Ornament, and a Dozen Harry Potter Cookies, a Gryffindor Scarf.
- It Starts at Midnight just turned three and Shannon is celebrating with a giveaway!!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
Awesome haul of books. You had a busy week. I hope you love all of your new books.
Grace @ Books of Love
A Boy Called Christmas looks so cute! 😀
I agree! I’m excited to read it.
I’m glad NaNo is going well for you so far. I feel the same about my book too – it actually seems to be going somewhere this time! 🙂
I hope you have a good week! 🙂
Yay! What’s your NaNo username? I’d love to add you as a buddy!
Writing a novel and trying to blog – I couldn’t do both. Good job and good luck with continuing your writing I’ll go check what you’ve written.
Some days I think I’m going a little crazy, but it’s working so far!
Congrats on the blog honor, well deserved! And best of luck with NaNo, that’s awesome. Hope you get lots of words down and it goes well. 🙂 Having a plot and knowing where you want to go is half the battle I think. I was going to do NaNo but I’m just not there with my idea, but it’s good motivation for me to get cracking!
Yes, when I tried to do NaNo last time, I was floundering because I didn’t feel like I was really heading anywhere. I had a beginning and an end, but NOTHING in between. So I ended up wandering a lot in the middle. Maybe someday I’ll try to plot out the older book and see if I can get it into shape because I really like some of the characters and the general plot arc, but there are details that I need to figure out for sure.
Oh wow! That’s awesome!! Congrats on the blog honor! And yay for progress with Nano! I really need to get back to editing my own manuscript. It’s been sitting docile for too long and I finally got some concrete feedback on it maybe 2 months ago. But with the holidays (and many birthdays) approaching I am already feeling bombarded with obligations. When I have nothing to do, I am literally just doing nothing, for once! LOL! Definitely need to get my butt back into gear on it soon!
Nice new reads too! Totally new to me ones but I hope you enjoy them!!
Here’s my STS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
Doing nothing every once in awhile is very nice (and deserved!).
That’s too funny that you have half-written sentences in all your Sunday posts lol.
Congrats on the Top 100 thing! Who cares how the list is made 😉 That’s awesome! Also congrats on the giveaway win 🙂 It seems like everyone has won something this week lol.
Good luck with NaNo, and have a great week!
Yeah, I decided not to worry too much about how the list was made. The fact that somebody thought my blog was worth putting on a top 100 list is nice, no matter what!
That’s AWESOME! Congrats on making the top 100 on their list!
Thanks! I was excited to see my blog name listed!
I’m super proud of you and your progress so far with NaNoWriMo! You’re doing great and you’re checking in every day, which is important. Keep it up! And if you have a sticky moment, just skip it and keep on going.
What an honor to be picked for the Top 100 Blogs! How cool! Congratulations!
Thanks, Steph! I think that updating the FB page every day is extra motivating. Hitting the word count is important to me anyway, but knowing that other people are “watching” helps me keep on track even more.
I’m so glad that you are doing well with Nano. I have not done any writing so far…which is why I didn’t officially sign up, because I knew I’d be kind of busy. Regardless, I do want to get SOME writing in this month so fingers crossed! Keep up the great work though. 🙂
I hope you do manage to write this month!
Aww thank you for linking to my posts, love!! Also, super excited for you that you’re doing so well with NaNo! It is SO hard to keep up with it AND blogging AND children, no? I am drowning. This is what I felt like last year too and it… isn’t great 😉 But we’ll feel all accomplished when it is over!! Good luck, and I hope you continue to do awesome!! ♥♥
Somehow so far I haven’t been drowning, but that’s mostly because we’ve gotten into the swing of things with school and my kids are old enough that I can just leave them to fend for themselves when I want to write. I don’t envy you with your little ones and trying to write! I noticed you’re keeping up, though, so good for you!!
Thanks for sharing my giveaway. And I’m really excited about your book! Keep up the good work!
Yes! I saw your Witch Week wrap-up and figured I’d look for the giveaway to link up. I plan to check out all the posts too, but it might not be until later in the month!
How exciting that you’re participating in NaNoWriMo! And congrats on being on track after the first week. I know so many who are already stressed at being behind their word count. And congrats on the blog honor. That has to feel good. 🙂 So glad you received the book… and you’re very welcome. 🙂
Yes! Thank you for the book. I loved Nelson’s more recent book (the name won’t come into my head right now). And I’m happy to be keeping up with NaNo – it can be a challenge some days, but I’m making it a priority.
Congrats to you and FYFA for the honor! You deserve it 😀 Oh and enjoy all your books too – most of these are new to me but I hope you enjoy them! xx
Thanks! I was excited to see my blog name on the list!
Yay for hitting your word counts, I hope it continues! And a huge congratulations for hitting the Top 100 List, that’s beyond wonderful *hugs*!!
Thanks! I’ve been keeping up, even on the days when it’s been hard. NaNo is great motivation!!
I was so on track for NaNo until yesterday. Then I didn’t get any writing done. I’m trying to get back on track tonight, but don’t know that I’ll get caught up. Fortunately I have planned a write-in at a local library tomorrow night, so I am hoping to get a lot done then! Good luck this week with your writing!
I’m glad you mentioned the write-in. We have one at our local library tomorrow night and I want to remember to go. I need to put it into my calendar now.
Congrats on making the feedspot list!! That’s awesome. I have often thought that there should be a book blogger ranking system, but I guess it would totally depend on which clique you ask who they think is best. Us book bloggers tend to run in groups, or at least that is what I am finding as I search out new blogs to comment on.
Good luck with NaNo this year! I keep thinking to join in, but November is never going to be a good month for me. I haven’t even found time to put my October wrap up together and I probably won’t even bother. Good luck with your writing goals!
I agree that it would be hard to come up with a ranking list of book blogs. I don’t know if it’s so much that I feel like bloggers form cliques as it is just that you tend to find people you visit often and then it’s hard to branch out a lot. I try hard to keep up with commenting in lots of new places, but it gets overwhelming and then I miss out on some of the blogs I know and love.
I’m glad your NaNo project is going well. Also, congrats on the Feedspot blog list. I have no idea how they chose blogs for the list, but it’s nice to see so many familiar blogs. They picked some good ones. 🙂
Congrats on being one of the top 100 book blogs, Nicole! That’s awesome 🙂
And I am not all that careful with my wrap-up posts either… sometimes, I’ll catch a typo fairly fast and change it, and other times, I don’t… Just shows we’re all human, no?
Enjoy your new books!
Have a wonderful rest of the week and happy reading 🙂
Congratulations on making the list, you definitely deserve it.