Once again, Jamie over at The Perpetual Page Turner has created her annual End of Year Book Survey and I thought I’d join in the fun! I skipped some and added some fun graphs to my stats at the beginning. Hope you enjoy!
2016 Reading Stats
Number Of Books You Read: 205
As I mention all the time, the unrated books are books I edited or proofread in 2016 (since I don’t review those due to the conflict of interest). There weren’t nearly as many books in that category this year as my editing work slowed way down. I had previously been editing for Booktrope and they went under at the beginning of the year—and I’ve been so busy with homeschooling this year that I really didn’t put a lot of effort into trying to find new clients. I’m hoping next year will pick up, but we’ll see.
With the lack of editing this year, my reading numbers were up. It also helped that I listened to audiobooks (22 of them!) and read manga this year.
Genres Read (And Other Various Stats):
For the fun of it, I thought I’d graph out the genres I read and the age ranges (YA, MG, etc). These graphs aren’t going to be exact because it’s sort of hard to chart genres (sometimes those can be hard to classify!) and all of my numbers seem low somehow so I know some books are unaccounted for—but these give a good general idea. I’ll try and track everything better next year!
Still mostly fantasy/sci-fi/paranormal, but then contemporary is close behind!
No surprise that it’s mostly YA.
I read a pretty even number of physical books and ebooks this year with some audiobooks thrown in!
A pretty wide variety here. 🙂
Best in Books
Click on the covers to be brought to my reviews!
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
I wrote a TTT post on this the other day. But here are a few that stick out:
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Most other people loved this one, but I was not a fan:
3. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
4. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
I have to go with Anne Bishop, but I wrote a whole TTT post on New to Me Authors
5. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
6. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
7. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
I had to display this one in its full-size glory!
8. Most memorable character of 2016?
I know I’ve used this one a lot, but I think Meg Corbyn has to win this one for me.
9. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
10. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
11. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
The Mirror & the Maze was an 11 page novella. The Beauty of Darkness was 679 pages!
12. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
13. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
14. Best 2016 debut you read?
15. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
My Blogging/Bookish Life
1. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?
This was something between a review and a discussion. I loved writing it and it was my top-viewed post of the year!
2. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
This was my most popular discussion of the year—and I really liked it too!
3. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
Um, I said this was a priority last year and I didn’t read it. Now I have the second book too. It’s a priority, I swear!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-sequel)?
I chose this one somewhat on a whim from glancing through Goodreads, but I’m definitely excited about it!
3. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
So many! Here are just a few that I found with a quick glance at Goodreads:
4. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
I should probably have an answer for this one, but other than my reading challenges for the year, I’m trying not to stress too much about goals. What happens … happens. We shall see!
If you’d like to see my Goodreads Year in Books, click on the link!
And don’t forget to link your year-end wrap-ups to the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up!
Did you write a 2016 wrap-up? Link me up in the comments! If not, tell me one of your favorite things about your blogging life in 2016.