Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Nothing super new to report this week. I had that second deep cleaning at the dentist (this time I listened to Shadow and Bone). I also binge-watched the last couple of seasons of The Fosters, which is total guilty-pleasure TV. It has to be the most melodramatic show on the planet and I regularly want to scream at the characters for their stupidity—but I watch it anyway. 🙂 And once I caught up on that one, I started watching The 100 because I’m a season behind on that too.
Yesterday, my family and I went to an RV show. My husband loves to watch YouTube channels where the people are full-time RVers and we even seriously considered doing it ourselves last year. It’s kind of a pipe dream at this point, but we still like to imagine it! We love to travel, and the idea of traveling all around the US constantly is pretty darn appealing to us. If only we didn’t have to squash all five of us into an RV full time—I’m pretty sure we’d kill each other
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- #famous by Jilly Gagnon – Spotlight & giveaway – Last chance to enter to win a hardcover copy of the book!
- Jonah by Nikki Kelly – Review – I know I said this would have a giveaway with it, but I don’t know what happened with this tour. I never heard back from the person who runs the tour company, so I just ended up posting my review.
- Review of the eStories Platform & Books 1&2 of the Kingfountain Series by Jeff Wheeler
- Am I the Only One Without an OTP? Let’s Discuss!
Next week on FYFA:
- Batgirl at Super Hero High by Lisa Yee – Review
- Some bite-sized reviews of books I’m behind on reviewing.
- Let’s Discuss: Something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Lots of birthdays and blogoversaries this week! (Must be trying to make up for last week.) Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
- February 21st – Cilla @ Paved With Books‘ Birthday
- February 21st – My Expanding Bookshelf‘s Blogoversary
- February 22nd – Charlie @ Girl of 1000 Wonders‘ Birthday
- February 23rd – SJ Bouquet @ A Tree Grows in Bookland‘s Birthday
- February 24th – Book Briefs‘ Blogoversary
- February 24th – Jessica @ jessicasblog45‘s Birthday
- February 24th – Rachel @ Confessions of a Book Geek‘s Birthday
Physical Books For Review:
From NetGalley/Edelweiss/the Author:
I got several books for review over the past two weeks. Yikes!! But these all looked so good, I couldn’t resist. First off, there’s the next book and a novella in S.J. Pajonas’s Miso Cozy Mysteries Series. I’m not usually a mystery reader, but I love Pajonas’s books and all of the Japanese culture I get to soak up when I read them! Next comes The Dead Inside, which is an autobiographical book from Sourcebooks Fire that sounds way too fascinating to pass up. Letters to the Lost from Bloomsbury is by Brigid Kemmerer, another author I can’t miss. I haven’t yet read Claudia Gray or but I know everyone raves about them, so I picked up Defy the Stars (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers) and The Inexplicable Logic of My Life (Clarion). And then there’s Ignite, which I’m reviewing for Inkitt.
Thanks to all these publishers and authors for the chance to read (lots of) great books!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are a few posts I loved this week:
- Sam @ Sharing Inspired Kreations talks about Commenting on Old Blog Posts
- Susie @ Girl with Her Head in a Book discusses the trouble with the word “girl”
- Puput @ Sparkling Letters gives us her perspective in My Stance as A Diverse Book Blogger & Introducing New Feature : The Diversity Corner
- Pre-order DONE DIRT CHEAP by Sarah Nicole Lemon and get a signed bookplate with a quote from the book. (ends 3/7)
- Pre-order THE CROWN’S FATE by Evelyn Skye, and you can get a limited edition bookmark and a set of 3 stickers–Team Vika, Team Nikolai, and Team Pasha! Plus, there’s an additional giveaway if you order from Kepler’s. (ends 5/15)
- Pre-order THE LOST STAFF OF WONDERS by Raymond Arroyo and receive a signed bookplate for your book and a limited edition bookmark. (ends 3/6)
- Pre-order TRICKED by Jen Calonita and receive a Fairy Tale Reform School digital exclusive featuring Rapunzel! (ends 3/6)
- Pre-order THE BONE WITCH by Rin Chupeco and receive a signed bookmark and The Bone Witch sticker. You will also be entered to win a GRAND PRIZE Bone Witch themed crate. (ends 3/6)
- Pre-order THE SHIP BEYOND TIME by Heidi Heilig from an indie bookstore and get a gorgeous cloisonne pin of the black ship Temptation while supplies last! (ends 2/28)
- Pre-order THE SONG RISING by Samantha Shannon and receive exclusive badges and temporary tattoos to #JoinTheRevolution. (ends 3/6)
- Pre-order A CONJURING OF LIGHT by V.E. Schwab for a chance to receive a book hugger signed by V. E. Schwab. (ends 2/28)
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed with this week’s posts)
- So You Say It’s Your Birthday? It’s My Birthday (and Blogoversary) Too! – Come enter the giveaway!
- January Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway – Anyone can enter, so head over to win a book from my giveaway/trade list!
- February Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up your February discussions and enter to win!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- It’s Crushing Cinders’ blogoversary and Sue is celebrating by giving away a book of your choice (INT)!
- And another blogoversary over at Girl in the Pages! Head over there to win a book Cristina has reviewed (INT)!
- Head over to Verbosity Reviews for the Island of Exiles blog tour and for a chance to win a $30 Gift Card to the eBook Retailer of your Choice that Offers Gift Cards (Amazon, B&N, or iBooks)
- Lots of blogs participating in the February New Release Giveaway Hop!
- And also the Romance is in the Air Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to Starcrossed Book Blog for a chance to win a copy of Frostblood & branded nail polish duo in shades of fire and frost
- Head over to Pure Imagination for a chance to win a February New Release of your choice.
- Head over to It Starts at Midnight for a chance to win an ARC of The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye
- Jessica @ a GREAT read is celebrating eight years of blogging with a big giveaway!
- XPresso Book Tours is giving away a $50 gift card and more in honor of the new year!
- The Bookkeeper’s Secrets is doing a year-long giveaway!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!