I’ve decided to join in on two challenges this summer. The first is the Can You Read a Series in a Month? Challenge, which is hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading is Better Than Real Life and Berls @ Fantasy is More Fun. Today is the last day to sign up and since I’ve only got half the month to go, that’s probably a good thing!
- Pick 1 series. Yes, just 1. Announce which series you’ve picked on your sign up post.
- Read EVERY book in the series. You don’t have to read novellas or short stories, just the core books.
- Read them all between 12am (your time) June 1st and 11:59pm (your time) June 30th. They MUST be marked (on Goodreads) as started and finished in the month of June to count.
- Enjoy bragging to everyone about how you’re all caught up on whatever series you read (AKA – have fun)!
Okay, so I have given this lots of thought (okay, so I thought about it this morning and just thought of this series thirty seconds ago) and I think that I’ve decided to read The Winner’s Curse. I own all three of these books, so I have no excuses for why I haven’t read them. Now’s the time!
UPDATE: I did it! I read the whole series, and you can read my reviews here.
I didn’t read the novella, as you can see, but those were optional, and I wasn’t that interested in this one.
The second challenge I’m participating in is #COYER Summer Reading List!, which is hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading is Better Than Real Life, Berls @ Fantasy is More Fun and Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh My!
There are two ways to do it this time….
- The first is just COYER. READ ALL THE BOOKS. That’s right…this time around you can read whatever. Any price, any format as long as it is acquired legally. From the start of the challenge to the end just read/ review as much as possible. Super Simple.
- Summer Reading List….This way has a read-a-thon that goes with it. I will explain it all below…follow me to the rules.
- Challenge starts on June 17th Midnight (your time zone) and ends September 8th. Review link closes on September 9th.
- You can read any format of book; Ebook, Physical, Audio, KU, Library, Borrowed, etc.
- You must create a sign-up post anytime between now and August 1st on blog, goodreads, fb, google+, etc. Yes, that means you can sign up until August 1st! Make sure to state whether you are doing the regular COYER or the Summer Reading List
- You must link that sign-up post below (don’t link to your blog, link to the sign-up post).
- You must review books somewhere & link the reviews to the review linky to be eligible for one of the two grand prize giveaways.
- If you want to join the Summer Reading List. Make a list in a Goodreads Shelf or your Blog of 30 books that you want to read. You must pick 30 and you must link it in your sign-up. This is your summer reading list (you do NOT have to read all 30 books, don’t panic) (the books added to your list must be books that you already have)
- You have from now until June 17th to make the list, when COYER starts you can not change the list. For every 5 books you read, you can add 5 more to the list (this is for all you mood readers). You can read as much as you want from the list. If you only read one, that is totally fine you can enter the giveaway at the end stating you only read one.
- The last grand prize giveaway will be how many books you read from your list. The giveaway widget will have levels of books with points the more you read from your list the better chance you have at winning.
- Have Fun!
So, here are my thirty books (since I’m doing the Summer Reading List version of the challenge). I’m hoping to stick to this kind of, sort of… we shall see. Most of these are review books that I haven’t gotten to. I need to fix that, so this list is a good reminder!
The Winner’s Curse by Marie RutkowskiRead (but I finished it before June 17th, so it doesn’t count) The Winner’s Crime by Marie RutkowskiRead & Reviewed The Winner’s Kiss by Marie RutkowskiRead & Reviewed The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani ChokshiRead & Reviewed The Upside of Unrequited by Becky AlbertalliRead & Reviewed Bang by Barry LygaRead & Reviewed The Unlikelies by Carrie FirestoneRead & Reviewed Coming Up for Air by Miranda KenneallyRead & Reviewed Dead Ed in My Head by Barbara CatchpoleRead & Reviewed Love, Hate & Other Filters by Samira AhmedRead (still needs review) What to Say Next by Julie BuxbaumRead & Reviewed Death’s Queen by Janeal FalorRead & Reviewed The Lake Effect by Erin McCahanRead & Reviewed Hostage by Guy DelisleRead (still needs review) Crash Land on Kurai by S.J. PajonasRead & Reviewed No Good Deed by Kara ConnollyRead & Reviewed Hello, Sunshine by Leila HowlandRead & Reviewed The Alchemists of Loom by Elise KovaRead & Reviewed The Dragons of Nova by Elise KovaRead & Reviewed Wandering Star by Romina RussellRead & Reviewed Wish You Were Here by Renee CarlinoRead & Reviewed The Raven Boys by Maggie StiefvaterRead (still needs review) Midnight Jewel by Richelle MeadRead & Reviewed Deception So Deadly by Clara KensieRead & Reviewed They Both Die at the End by Adam SilveraRead & Reviewed Love and First Sight by Josh SundquistRead & Reviewed In 27 Days by Allison GervaisRead & Reviewed The Blood Will Dry by Kate L. MaryRead (still needs review) The Dream Thieves by Maggie StiefvaterRead (still needs review) Little Monsters by Kara ThomasRead & Reviewed Blue Lily, Blue Lily by Maggie StiefvaterRead (still needs review) If There’s No Tomorrow by Jennifer ArmentroutRead & Reviewed Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh BardugoRead (still needs review) A Semi-Definitive List of Worst Nightmares by Krystal SutherlandRead & Reviewed The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxyby Douglas Adams Read & Reviewed The Magic Misfits by Neil Patrick HarrisRead (still needs review) Before She Ignites by Jodi MeadowsRead (still needs review) The Raven King by Maggie StiefvaterRead (still needs review)
- Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas
- One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake
- The Thing with Feathers by McCall Hoyle
- A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
- Taken by Rosemary Hayes
- The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald
- All Things New by Lauren Miller
- Replica by Lauren Oliver
- The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa
- Dark Breaks the Dawn by Sara B. Larson
- Shadow Run by AdriAnne Strickland
- Hunted by Meagan Spooner
- The Fairytale Chicago of Francesca Finnegan by Steve Wiley
- Frostblood by Elly Blake
- Unnatural Deeds by Cyn Balog
- Brooding YA Hero: Becoming a Main Character (Almost) as Awesome as Me by Carrie DiRisio
- History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
- The Evaporation of Sofi Snow by Mary Weber
- Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo
- Little & Lion by Brandy Colbert