Because my focus for 2018 was on my writing, I completely gave up on all my challenges except for the Discussion Challenge about midway through the year. But I decided to try a few again this year. Hopefully I’ll do a better job keeping up with my reading challenges in 2019!
My 2019 Reading/Blogging Challenges:
Goal: 31-40 Discussions (Terrifically Talkative)
Of course I’m participating in this challenge since I’m hosting it!
The goal of this challenge is to post book-related discussions (or getting to know you type discussions work too.) This challenge is one of my favorite aspects of blogging, and I’m excited to be continuing it (even if I did fail to hit my goal in 2018). I’m leaving my goal as Terrifically Talkative for 2019 because I really do want to post more discussions again. We shall see!
Goal: 12 Classics Read
I really do want to read more classics, and I don’t think it’s outrageous to set a goal of one per month. This challenge has some really interesting category suggestions. Not sure I’ll do them all, but I’ll probably try to hit some of them. And I’m guessing I’ll do audiobooks for some of these.
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Books and Chocolate
Goal: 24 Library Books Read
I’ve been reading LOTS of books from my library lately, especially if you count audiobooks. I made my goal pretty low for this challenge, but there’s a good chance I’ll raise it.
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Angel’s Guilty Pleasures
Goal: One Connect 5 per month
I’m joining this one because it’s fun and different. The challenge is to find unique connections between the books you read throughout the year. I look forward to seeing what people come up with!
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Book Date
Goal: 12 Books Read
For this one, you pick 12 books that have been on your TBR for at least one year and you read those books (with two options for alternates). This is a good way to make sure you read at least 12 books you’ve been meaning to read!!
I chose 14 books I actually own that have been languishing on my shelves.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (2016)
- The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner (2016)
- Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab (2017)
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (2015)
- Winter by Marissa Meyer (2015)
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (2015)
- UnBound by Neal Shusterman (2015)
- Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes (2016)
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston (2017)
- History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera (2017)
- Every Last Breath by Jennifer Armentrout (2015)
- Alienated by Melissa Landers (2014)
- The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis (2016)
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman (1973)
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Roof Beam Reader
Goal: 12 TBR Books Read
My bookish resolutions for 2019:
- Write the first draft of new MG (or YA, but I think at this point it’s going to be a MG).
- Read 1 review book for every 1 that I receive.
- Read at least 6 books on the craft of writing.
- Read at least 12 books written in verse. (Since I’m probably writing my next book in verse.)
- Query 50 agents. Or get an agent. 🙂 (I was a wimp and I only queried like 12 agents this year. At that rate, I might get an agent in like 2050.)
Non-bookish resolution for 2019:
(This one doesn’t count for the challenge, but I’m putting it here so it’s with my other stuff and I’ll hopefully pay attention to it.)
- Work out 3 times per week.
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Because Challenges Make Reading More Fun
That’s it for 2019! Wish me luck!
If you’re looking for challenges to join in 2019, make sure you check out my HUGE list of all the 2019 challenges of ever! There’s something for everyone!!