Unfortunately, Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight and I are no longer speaking for various reasons. I don’t want to get into the nitty gritty details, but it started because I still haven’t read The Serpent King and Shannon was pretty angry about it. I’ve been promising her for years that I would read that book, so I can’t exactly blame her. But then the emails started getting weird and spiraling out of control … again, I don’t want to go into too much detail because it’s not fair to anyone.
At any rate, because of this, I’ve made the difficult decision to no longer host the Book Blog Discussion Challenge.
I know there are going to be a lot of disappointed people because of this, and I’m really sorry. To make up for it, though, I’ve come up with a brand new challenge…
The Book Counting Challenge!
This is going to be so much fun, and I can’t wait to count books with you!
Every month, we will count the number of books on our shelves and then create a post announcing that number. Link the post up in the monthly link-up and you will automatically be entered to win a giveaway. The person who owns a number of books closest to mine will win a book! I warn you, this will be tough, because my book-buying habits are erratic.
Looking to spice things up a little? Try counting the number of books at your local library. Or maybe at your closest indie bookstore. Anyone who counts at least 500 books automatically wins a prize. (I will have to verify the number, though, so it might take a little while for verification, and I might possibly have to reduce your prize amount because of verification expenses—still, it will totally be worth it, I promise.)
OR a couple of other variations – You could count only books that start with a specific letter or books of a certain color. There are SO MANY fun ways to count your books!
Here’s All You Have to Do:
- Create a sign-up post announcing your intention to participate and link up below.
- Please link back to this post and include the challenge button in your sign-up posts.
- The challenge runs until December 31st, 2019.
- Share it! The more people we get to participate in this, the more books we can count. Who knows, maybe we’ll manage a world record!!
- On the 1st of every month, a link-up will go up right here where you’ll leave your links for that month’s book counts. Every month, I’ll update this 2019 Book Counting Challenge Page with the links to that month’s Challenge linky–so you’ll always know where to find the latest link-up!
- Use the hashtag #LetsCountBooks2019 to share your progress and connect with other participants on Twitter.
- Have questions? Feel free to ask in the comments!
Monthly Link-up & Giveaway Posts:
None yet, but keep watching this space!
Use the Linky Below to Sign Up!
Don’t worry, the Discussion Challenge is safe and sound (I am a bit late with the link-up this month—it’ll go up later). And Shannon and I are doing just fine (though she probably is getting sick of me telling her I’m going to read The Serpent King and not doing it).
As thrilling as the book counting challenge sounds, it’s not a real thing. You can feel free to sign up for it if book counting’s your thing, but I don’t think I’ll be participating. LOL!
Hope I had you there for a minute!
And check out my past April Fools’ posts if you haven’t seen them!