My Goings-On in May:
Here are the things stand out to me this month:
- Dog Agility. We’ve been doing agility training with Digit again. So much fun!
- Landscaping and gardening. We’ve been working more on the yard and the gardens. Lots of mulching and trying to get rid of weeds. Our bulbs in the front are coming up (mostly) and we’ve planted wildflower plants at the back of the yard. It’s looking better and better!
- Vaccinations! My whole family got our second round of vaccines, and it finally feels like we can get back into society a little bit. 🙂
- Kids’ School Stuff. (Mostly Danielle’s stuff, honestly.) We’ve gone to outdoor choir concerts and track meets, and I helped Danielle with AP studying and have still been helping her with college search stuff. Noah finished up with his Special Olympics sports too, but we weren’t able to go to his events because of COVID. We also went to a five-hour future planning workshop to help us figure out what we need to do to get our ducks in a row for Noah after high school.
- Lots of writing. I worked through my first draft of my MG verse novel so I could send it off to critique partners. I still think I have some work to do on it, but it will be great to get some feedback.
- Not much blogging? Honestly, I was shocked when I looked back at my blogging for the month. It was … sparse. I guess I just have to face up to the fact that the more writing I get done, the less blogging happens.
Features & Discussions:
May 2021 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
Made in Korea by Sarah Suk: Review and Sarah’s Top Ten Addictions – Check out the author’s top ten addictions!
May 2021 Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up & Giveaway
My 2021 Reading Progress:
I read 10 books in May, putting me at 43 books so far this year and on track for my Goodreads goal of 100.
May 2021 Reviews
I somehow only posted three reviews in May? What the heck? I thought I was getting over my blogging slump, but obviously not.
- LEO, Inventor Extraordinaire by Luke Cunningham | Review
- Take Me Home Tonight by Morgan Matson | Review
- Made in Korea by Sarah Suk | Review
May Best of the Bunch:
(Best of the Bunch is hosted over at Cocoon of Books. We link up our favorite reads of the month!)
Since I only reviewed three books in May, it feels a little odd to choose a MG and YA best, so I’m just going with Take Me Home Tonight.
2021 Goals Progress:
The Discussion Challenge is my one and only goal for 2021.
Progress: 4/21-30 Discussions (Chatty Kathy)
Wow, I am so failing all things blogging lately. No discussions this month.
Balancing Spending on the Blog, Making Money, and All the Moral Dilemmas that Go Along With It
I’ve Been Stalking Your Goodreads.
2020 End of Year Book Survey (& Year in Graphs!)
Unbiased Reviews: Is There Such a Thing?
Don’t forget to link your May wrap-up posts up to the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up. And enter the giveaway!