The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
- My anniversary! My husband and I celebrated our 22nd anniversary on Friday and went out to a restaurant for the first time since COVID. Here’s to 22 more years (and then even more)!
- Stuff? Honestly, nothing else particularly noteworthy happened this week. I did some more gardening, college search stuff, etc. But nothing particularly exciting to talk about. We got our first flower in the garden—it’s amazing how excited I was about one little bloom!
Here’s our first flower. And can anyone help me identify the second plant? Is this a flower or a weed? I don’t know! (The only things that I don’t think have come up yet are Jeweled Crown Iris, Birch Double Cranesbill and some kind of Phlox. Could this be phlox? I don’t know if I’m just letting a weed grow rampant!)
- What I Read:
- I’m still reading a MG manuscript from my critique partner Ari.
- I read Creating Moments of Joy Along the Alzheimer’s Journey: A Guide for Families and Caregivers. This book has been really helpful for figuring out how to talk to my mother-in-law, who’s in memory care. Then I read Tokyo Ever After by Emiko Jean.
- I finished listening to We Could Be Heroes and then listened to Sunny Song Will Never Be Famous.
- TV We Watched:
- America’s Next Top Model. I moved onto season 5 this week.
- Supernatural. We finished season 11—it was our favorite in a long time! Now we’re watching season 12.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
I got the audiobook version of Phoebe and Her Unicorn in the Magic Storm. This is a full-cast recording, and I’m excited to listen to it!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere and the Internet:
- RAnn @ This That and the Other Thing imparts some important info in her post about Libraries and E-books
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my new Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s the list of all the pre-order campaigns that I just added to the list this week: (I’ll probably be adding more, but I want to get this post up, so…)
Pre-order JUST BE COOL, JENNA SAKAI by Debbi Michiko Florence from Bank Square Books to receive a signed/personalized copy, a Jenna Sakai bookmark, cover sticker or Leigh’s Stage Diner sticker, Jenna doodle sticker, and a Heartbreak is for Suckers limited edition button! Plus, one lucky person will win a GRAND PRIZE of fun book swag! (Ends 8/2) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order TIA LUGO SPEAKS NO EVIL by Danette Vigilante to receive a signed bookplate, sticker, and bookmark! (US only)(Ends 8/16) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order BROKEN WEB by Lori M. Lee to receive a stunning art print and a signed bookplate. (US only, but there’s an INT giveaway)(Ends 6/14) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order CINDERS OF YESTERDAY by Jen Karner to receive art and a signed bookplate! (Ends 6/21) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order THE LINCOLN HIGHWAY by Amor Towles from Book Club to receive a signed/personalized copy. (Ends 9/30) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order THE ENDLESS SKIES by Shannon Price OR request it from your local library to receive an entry into the gift box raffle. Pre-orders will also receive a reversible custom metal bookmark! (INT)(Ends 8/16) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order WHERE IT ALL LANDS by Jennie Wexler or request it from your local library to receive a signed bookplate, a bookmark, and a “Lucky” penny keychain! (Ends 7/5) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order THIS BOOK IS FEMINIST by Jamia Wilson, illustrated by Aurelia Durand to receive a signed bookplate & feminist button 4-pack! (Ends 8/2) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order THE DEVIL MAKES THREE by Tori Bovalino OR request it from your local library to receive 2 character cards, a bookmark, and a signed bookplate! Pre-orders through White Whale will also be signed. (Ends 8/9) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order TENDER IS THE BITE by Spencer Quinn to receive a digital copy of the short story “The Numbers After Two.” (US/CAN)(Ends 7/5) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order FALCON by Amara Lynn (physical copy only) to receive a signed bookplate and cover art greeting card. (Ends 7/31) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order THE DATING PLAYBOOK by Farrah Rochon from a participating indie to receive a sticker sheet & an invite to a virtual event! (Ends 8/16) CLICK FOR DETAILS
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the June 2021 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the May Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway.
- Head over to The Candid Cover for a chance to win The Marvelous.
- Head over to Shooting Stars Mag for a chance to win a set of four titles from the My First Science Book series or Game On! activity books!
- Lots of blogs participating in the BERRY GOOD GIVEAWAY HOP
- Enter Penguin’s Pride Month Sweepstakes
- Head over to KidLit411 for a chance to win The (Un)Popular Vote, Glitter Gets Everywhere, Milo’s Moonlight Mission, andLala’s Words: A Story of Planting.
- Head over to The Children’s Book Review’s Giveaway Page for lots of giveaways!
- Head over to Literary Ramblings to enter to win a Janna Bonikowski Query Critique and Not Our Summer Giveaway and a Katherine Wessbecher Query Critique.
- Head over to Kait Plus Books for a chance to win Fire with Fire, Instructions for Dancing, Curse of the Specter Queen, and more! (Check the sidebar.)
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win 3 books from Lisa’s ARC pile.
- Lots of blogs participating in the June 2021 Of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including A 1-year subscription to Audible
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!