The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
The kids celebrated a made-up Grandmother’s Day for my mom, since they felt bad that we always celebrate Mother’s Day and Father’s Day but we never celebrate her. Since she lives with us basically half the time, she’s practically another mom for them, and they wanted to say thanks. My mom thought it was so sweet of them to do that!
Not much else interesting happened this week, except Danielle came back from her trip to Yellowstone, and we were all excited to hear about it! Also, my father-in-law sold his house here in Illinois (they have another one in Arizona), so my husband made a few trips there and picked up some things, including a couch to replace the very old couch we have in our office.
- What I Read:
- I finished reading my AMM mentee’s latest draft of her MG manuscript straight through and now I’m reading it one more time to add some line edit notes. It is fabulous—I am looking forward to the day when I can congratulate her on getting published!
- I’m still reading Jane, Unlimited by Kristin Cashore, but I’m having a little trouble getting into it. This might be the type of book I need to listen to instead.
- I started listening to The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune.
- I also finished listening to The Making of Biblical Womanhood by Beth Allison Barr. Since I probably won’t do an actual review of this book, I wanted to give a little plug for it here. If you’re a Christian, you should read this book. Even if you end up disagreeing with the book, we all need to be examining where many Christian ideas about womanhood come from. I learned so much from this book!
- TV We Watched:
- Supernatural. Now that Danielle’s back from her trip to Yellowstone, we started watching season 13 again. We’re almost through!
- America’s Next Top Model. I’m now in season 11!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
- 7/13 – Genesis @ Whispering Chapters‘ Birthday
- 7/15 – Michelle @ Fitkittymama Reads‘ Birthday
- 7/17 – Angela @ Angel’s Guilty Pleasures‘ Birthday
None This Week!
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my new Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s the list of all the pre-order campaigns that I just added to the list this week: (I’ll probably be adding more, but I want to get this post up, so…)
Pre-order ELECTRIC IDOL by Katee Robert from Auntie’s Bookstore to receive a signed copy and art postcard. (US only – for now)(Ends 1/3) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order WHITE BORDERS by Reece Jones to receive a bookmark with a timeline of key US immigration policies. (Ends 9/28) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order IT’S A WONDERFUL WOOF by Spencer Quinn to receive a special cover art ornament! (US/CAN)(Ends 10/18) CLICK FOR DETAILS
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the July 2021 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the June Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway. You can also win THE VERDIGRIS PAWN, along with a bookmark and sticker!
- The bloggers at Happy Indulgence are celebrating their blogoversary with a giveaway of one of their favorite reads from the past year!
- Head over to JeanBookNerd for a chance to win Sidewinders, A Chorus Rises and more!
- Head over to KidLit411 for a chance to win Bella’s Recipe for Success and Donna and the Unpossible Monsters.
- Head over to Bookhounds YA for a chance to win COLD HEARTED or KYLE’S LITTLE SISTER.
- Head over to iRead Book Tours for a chance to win James Dreadful and the Spell-Guardian and more! (Check the sidebar)
- Head over to Literary Ramblings to enter to win a query letter or 10-page critique from Sacha Wunsch!
- Lots of blogs participating in the Sparkle Time Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win 3 books from Lisa’s ARC pile.
- Head over to The Children’s Book Review’s Giveaway Page for lots of giveaways!
- Lots of blogs participating in the July 2021 Of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including A $250 B&N gift card!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!