I’m a little late for Halloween, but this tag seemed so fun that I decided to do it anyway! I found this over at Twirling Book Princess. I actually haven’t even read that full post yet because (after reading the mechanics of the tag) it seemed like reading the post would spoil it for me. So I’m going to head over there and read Mehsi’s post as soon as I’m finished writing this. 🙂
The tag is really old, so I couldn’t hunt down the original creator (I found one reference to a YouTube video from 2015, but it doesn’t seem to be live anymore). But I’m grateful to whoever created it because it’s great entertainment!
Mechanics for this tag:
2. Turn to a random page in each book; the first name you see gets to be on your Zombie Survival Team.
I decided to pick up an eclectic pile of books so the results would be more fun. I think it worked out that way…
Your Zombie Team
1. The first person to die: Queen Levana – Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Well, I can’t say I’m sad about this one. Levana deserved to have her brains eaten.
2. The person you trip to get away from the zombies: Dorothy – The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
I had no idea I was so cutthroat, but things happen when you’re running from zombies. I’m really sorry, Dorothy, it was an accident. That’s my story and I’m sticking with it.
3. The first person to turn into a zombie: Kady Grant (AKA ByteMe, her chat name—this is actually the name I saw first) – Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Oh, Kady, how did this happen? You dealt with way worse things than zombies out in space, but I suppose everyone has their downfall eventually.
4. The person that trips YOU to get away from the zombies: Rishi – When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
Wow, now this was unexpected! Rishi seems like such a sweet guy, but I guess you never can tell. (I’m sure he’d say it was an accident, too. Do I trust him? Not for a minute.)
5. The idiot of the team: Jules – Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
Another big surprise. Jules is usually pretty take-charge, and I definitely wouldn’t call her an idiot. Perhaps the zombies got hold of Camden, and the grief has rattled her?
6. The “brains” of the team: Cinder – Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Now this makes sense. Maybe Cinder could make us a zombie-fighting android?
7. The team’s medic: The Wicked Witch – The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
Oh, I think we might be in trouble here. I mean, sure the witch could probably fix us up with her magic, but would she? I think we’re doomed!
8. The weapons expert: AIDAN – Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
AIDAN is pretty much an everything expert (except maybe human emotion and compassion). I think he’d be a perfect weapons expert.
9. The brawler: Ashish – When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
Whoah, the Patel brothers really have a mean streak we didn’t see in their books. Zombies definitely do not bring out the best in these boys.
10. The Team Captain: Arsinoe – Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
Okay, good job stepping up to the plate, Arsinoe. I still haven’t read the final book in this series (I know, I know—I have no good explanation for this), but by book three Arsinoe was starting to step out of Jules’s shadow. And considering the fact that Jules apparently became our team idiot, somebody needed to take on the leadership role!
As I suspected, this tag was a blast! If you think it sounds interesting, consider yourself tagged. Halloween may be over, but it’s never too late for a zombie apocalypse!