My Goings-On in November:
Here are the things that stand out to me this month:
- Thanksgiving! We had a very nice low-key holiday. Jade came home, but otherwise it was just us (including my mom). And we made all the yummy goodies, including the sweetest sweet potatoes known to man.
- Revisions, revisions, revisions. I’m working on (final-ish?) revisions for my novel in verse, trying to get them done by the end of the year.
- More college applications for Danielle – We’ve still been working on these! And also trying to figure out dates for visits, etc.
- Family pictures – Last month I promised to share a couple of these on the blog once I got them. (You can see more on the photographer’s blog if you missed them last month.) Here are a couple of my favorites of the whole family:
Features & Discussions:
November 2021 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
October 2021 Monthly Wrap-Up & Best of the Bunch
Zombie Apocalypse Book Tag
The Forgotten Memories of Vera Glass by Anna Priemaza: “Things I Wish I Could Remember” Guest Post & Giveaway
November 2021 Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up & Giveaway
My 2021 Reading Progress:
I read 13 books in November, putting me at 102 books, just past my Goodreads goal! I’ve also read 10 picture books, which I don’t include in my Goodreads count (a few of these were for the Cybils Awards).
I’m still at 9 manuscripts read for the year. (Unless you count my own, which I’ve read LOTS of times at this point.)
November 2021 Reviews
Lots of reviews posted in November, mostly because I’m trying to keep up with Cybils reviews.
- Violets Are Blue by Barbara Dee | Review
- Rewritten by Tara Gilboy | Review
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins |Review
- Closer to Nowhere by Ellen Hopkins | Review
- The Seventh Raven by David Elliott | Review
- Chlorine Sky by Mahogany L. Browne | Review
- Me (Moth) by Amber McBride| Review
- Ice! Poems about Polar Life by Douglas Florian | Review
- Unsettled by Reem Faruqi | Review
- Amber and Clay by Laura Amy Schlitz | Review
- Legacy: Women Poets of the Harlem Renaissance by Nikki Grimes | Review
- Hello, Earth!: Poems to Our Planet by Joyce Sidman, illustrated by Miren Asiain Lora | Review
- Roxy by Neal Shusterman & Jarrod Shusterman | Review
- Cupcake by Cookie O’Gorman | Review
- Jillian vs Parasite Planet by Nicole Kornher-Stace, illustrated by Scott Brown | Review
- The Only Plane in the Sky: An Oral History of 9/11 by Garrett M. Graff | Review
November Best of the Bunch:
(Best of the Bunch is hosted over at Cocoon of Books. We link up our favorite reads of the month!)
My MG favorite for November was a tough one, but I settled on Amber & Clay, a unique blend of verse and prose. (This one’s geared toward the upper MG crowd—a close second for younger MG readers was Jillian vs. Parasite Planet.)
My YA fave was definitely Me (Moth), but I read a few really impressive YA books this month, so you should definitely check them all out!
2021 Goals Progress:
The Discussion Challenge is my one and only goal for 2021.
Progress: 9/21-30 Discussions (Chatty Kathy)
Yeah, definitely failing this challenge. I posted another tag this month, though.
Zombie Apocalypse Book Tag
The Personal Library Book Tag
It’s Time for the Cybils Awards: I’m a Round 1 Poetry Judge!
How to Create Book Page Art. (And a Peek at Mine!)
The Joys of Verse Novels, Graphic Novels and Other Very Quick Reads. Let’s Discuss!
Balancing Spending on the Blog, Making Money, and All the Moral Dilemmas that Go Along With It
I’ve Been Stalking Your Goodreads.
2020 End of Year Book Survey (& Year in Graphs!)
Unbiased Reviews: Is There Such a Thing?
Don’t forget to link your November wrap-up posts up to the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up. And enter the giveaway!