The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
- NaNoWriMo. As I announced earlier this week, I’ve been doing NaNo as an editing project. It’s going well, but it takes a lot of time, so it’s cutting my blogging time down even more than it has been lately.Unfortunately, someone in my family had a mental health emergency this past week that derailed NaNo, so I’m pretty behind on my goal now. This has been a tough week, honestly. I don’t want to share details of what’s going on because it’s not my story to share, but we could use prayers around here (or good thoughts, or whatever you want to send my way). I’m hoping they’re on the path to true help, but it’s been rough.
What I Read This Week:
- I finished reading Jennifer Chan is Not Alone by Tae Keller and Gleanings by Neal Shusterman (and other authors). I also read Babe Ruth: Baseball’s All-Time Best! by James Buckley Jr., illustrated by Kelly Tindall.
- I continued listening to Fairy Tale by Stephen King.
What I Watched:
- I kept watching season 4 of STRANGER THINGS.
- We decided to cancel Hulu (at least for now), so I finally jumped back into watching the final season of ANGEL. I have no idea why we stopped so close to the end, but I’m glad we’re watching again. We only have two episodes to go!
- I watched the latest season of MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT that’s available on Hulu. This show is trash, but it’s addictive trash and it’s good mindless entertainment when your brain can’t handle anything else.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
- OCTOBER 2022 MONTHLY WRAP-UP ROUND-UP LINK-UP AND GIVEAWAY
- GLEANINGS: STORIES FROM THE ARC OF A SCYTHE – REVIEW & GIVEAWAY
- NOVEMBER 2022 DISCUSSION CHALLENGE LINK-UP & GIVEAWAY
- THIS BREAK BROUGHT TO YOU BY NANOWRIMO
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.
- 11/13 – THE BUTTERFLY READER’S BLOGOVERSARY
- 11/18 – JULIE @ STRUCK BY STORIES’ BIRTHDAY
- 11/19 – SHANNON @ IT STARTS AT MIDNIGHT’S BIRTHDAY
I realized I never posted a pic of the LUMINARIES (by Susan Dennard) ARC box I won. Here it is in all its glory!
I got two different editions of LUMINARIES in the mail. I had already pre-ordered a signed edition and then found out about the B&N exclusive edition, which is so pretty, I just couldn’t resist it. It’s not signed, but I’m thinking I’ll keep that one with the hope that I’ll eventually have a chance to meet Susan Dennard and get it signed. Watch the site for a giveaway of the signed edition!!
I picked up BABE RUTH: BASEBALL’S ALL-TIME BEST! when I was bored on my break at work one day. This book was sitting on the ARC shelf, so I figured why not? Honestly, I don’t particularly like baseball and I knew nothing about Babe Ruth except that he’s an old-timey famous baseball player, but these SHOW ME HISTORY books are kind of brilliant because I found myself really interested in his story from reading this graphic novel. Who would have thought?
(This book is by James Buckley Jr., illustrated by Kelly Tindall.)
And then I received HOW DO MEERKATS ORDER PIZZA? by Brooke Barker. This one looks super cute!
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s a list of the pre-order campaigns I added to the list this week:
Pre-order SHE IS A HAUNTING by Trang Thanh Tran to receive a limited edition enamel pin! (USA – not PR, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand) (Ends 2/27) CLICK FOR DETAILS
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- Twitter Giveaways:
I didn’t make note of any this week. Sorry!
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the November Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the October Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway.
- Oh, and this is the last chance to win It Starts at Midnight’s blogoversary giveaway! (I keep forgetting to add this one to the list!)
- Head over to Literary Rambles for a chance to win the Thanks a Latte Giveaway Hop, Superpower? The Wearable-Tech Revolution, Other Side of the Tracks and Marlo Berliner Query Critique Giveaway, and the Super Stocking Stuffer Giveaway Hop.
- Head over to Kidlit 411 to win this week’s giveaways!
- Lots of blogs participating in the Fall 2022 Seasons of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win 3 books from her ARC pile!
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including $200 at Books-a-Million!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!