I’ve got four reviews for you today, a YA mystery, a YA contemporary, a YA historical fiction and a MG fantasy. I hope these bite-sized reviews will be enough to feed your fiction addiction! I always think I don’t really like mysteries, but then I read a book like this and it blows me away and I just want MORE! I have no idea how to review this book without giving things away, so I’m actually not going to say much at all except that I read this in one day (practically in one sitting), and I LOVED every minute of the reading experience. Okay, at the very beginning, I wasn’t so sure I was going to like Owen (the MC) and his friends, and there were a few moments when I thought certain characters were being ridiculously judgy toward the Owen (and his responses weren’t always great). But the story was engrossing,… Read more »
- About Nicole
- Popular Features
- 2020 Book Blog Discussion Challenge Sign-Up
- Discussion Post Ideas
- Master List of 2019 Reading & Blogging Challenges
- 2019 Discussion Challenge
- 2018 Discussion Challenge
- List of 2018 Challenges
- 2017 Discussion Challenge
- 2017 Bookopoly Progress
- List of 2017 Challenges
- 2016 Discussion Challenge
- List of 2016 Challenges
- 2015 Discussion Challenge
- Current Giveaways
Author: Ruta Sepetys
This book was simply beautiful and stunning! I was immersed in these characters’ lives and emotions and pulled into the pain of people enduring in this horrific period of our world’s history. What Fed My Addiction: A different view of WWII. One of the aspects of this book that I absolutely loved was the fact that it gave such a different view of WWII than is typical in historical fiction from that period. The story is told from the perspective of teens and young adults who are fleeing the Russian army and attempting to get back to Germany after being given permission from Hitler. Only one of the characters was actually dedicated to Hitler and held his ideals, but I thought it was fascinating to read a story where the “other side” was seen as just as villainous at Hitler. Many of the people on “Hitler’s side” were simply caught in the crossfires of… Read more »
- +2020 (49)
- —March (16)
- In the Red by Christopher Swiedler: A Stunning Survival Story Set on Mars!
- Sunday Post: Book Pre-order Campaigns & Giveaways Galore – 3/29/20
- March 2020 Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up & Giveaway!
- Google Searches Are Weird (AKA: You Found Me HOW?)
- Sunday Post: Book Pre-order Campaigns & Giveaways Galore – 3/22/20
- A Beginning at the End by Mike Chen: A Little Light Pandemic Reading, Anyone?
- Don't Check Out This Book! by Kate Klise & M. Sarah Klise: Blog Tour Review
- Sunday Post: Book Pre-order Campaigns & Giveaways Galore – 3/15/20
- Bite-Sized Reviews of Freaky in Fresno, Descendant of the Crane, Frazzled: Everyday Disasters and Impending Doom, & A Dash of Trouble
- All Those Deleted Drafts. Let's Discuss.
- Sunday Post: Book Pre-order Campaigns & Giveaways Galore – 3/8/20
- Fun with Spam #12
- If We Were Giants by Dave Matthews and Clete Barrett Smith
- February 2020 Wrap-Up & Best of the Bunch
- Sunday Post: Book Pre-order Campaigns & Giveaways Galore – 3/1/20
- March 2020 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway!
- +February (14)
- +January (19)
- —March (16)
- +2019 (192)
- +2018 (192)
- +2017 (232)
- +2016 (243)
- +2015 (241)
- +2014 (238)
- +2013 (205)
Reviews Coming Soon!
Grab My Button!
<div align="center"><a href="http://feedyourfictionaddiction.com/" title="Feed Your Fiction Addiction" target="_blank"><img src="http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/FeedYourFictionAddiction/media/FYFA-Fox-Girl-Button_zpsyqtu4d9h.png.html" alt="Feed Your Fiction Addiction" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Header and button artwork created by Tabitha. Check her site out HERE