My Goings-On in April:
I now share so many details in my Sunday Posts about everything that’s been going on that it feels really redundant to share here as well. So I’m only sharing the most important things that happened this month.
Here are the things stand out to me this month:
(Not much—not even much blogging. I don’t know what happened!)
- Landscaping and gardening. We’ve done lots of work in the back yard and planted bulbs in the front. We still have lots more to do!
- Vaccinations! My whole family has gotten their first dose of the vaccine (my parents have gotten both).
Features & Discussions:
My 2021 Reading Progress:
I read 9 books in April, putting me at 33 books so far this year and on track for my Goodreads goal of 100.
April 2021 Reviews
I posted nine reviews in April.
- The Chance to Fly by Ali Stroker & Stacy Davidowitz | Review
- You Should See Me in a Crown by Leah Johnson | Review
- Salty, Bitter, Sweet by Mayra Cuevas | Review
- The Memory Keeper by Jennifer Camiccia | Review
- The Stars of Whistling Ridge by Cindy Baldwin | Review
- Your Heart My Sky by Margarita Engle | Review
- Turtle Under Ice by Juleah del Rosario | Review
- Aru Shah and the City of Gold by Roshani Chokshi | Review
- Better Than the Movies by Lynn Painter | Review
April Best of the Bunch:
(Best of the Bunch is hosted over at Cocoon of Books. We link up our favorite reads of the month!)
I rated most of my MG reads Devoured It this month. Way to make it hard on myself to pick a favorite. I ended up going with my gut and choosing The Memory Keeper because I thought it was just so interesting how memory was explored.
My YA choice was tough because the books I read were all so different. But I landed on Better Than the Movies because I just needed this book in my life right now.
2021 Goals Progress:
The Discussion Challenge is my one and only goal for 2021.
Progress: 4/21-30 Discussions (Chatty Kathy)
I somehow didn’t post any discussions this month! Oops!
Balancing Spending on the Blog, Making Money, and All the Moral Dilemmas that Go Along With It
I’ve Been Stalking Your Goodreads.
2020 End of Year Book Survey (& Year in Graphs!)
Unbiased Reviews: Is There Such a Thing?
Don’t forget to link your April wrap-up posts up to the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up. And enter the giveaway!