Operation Frog Effect is a story told in journal form–with eight (diverse) kids who are writing their experiences as the school year progresses. The kids use multiple formats. For instance, one writes mostly in verse while another does his journaling in graphic novel format. These different formats are sure to appeal to a wide variety of readers. Right from the start, I could tell that the characters were going to be incredibly relatable: the story starts with Emily, who’s confused by the fact that her two best friends didn’t sit with her on the first day of school. She’s sure it’s a mistake. Well, pretty sure. That beginning set just the right tone and let me know that this book was going to tug at my heartstrings and address situations that middle school kids face every day. It also tackles some tougher topics as well, like learning disabilities, immigration and homelessness…. Read more »
- About Nicole
- Popular Features
- 2020 Book Blog Discussion Challenge Sign-Up
- Discussion Post Ideas
- Master List of 2019 Reading & Blogging Challenges
- 2019 Discussion Challenge
- 2018 Discussion Challenge
- List of 2018 Challenges
- 2017 Discussion Challenge
- 2017 Bookopoly Progress
- List of 2017 Challenges
- 2016 Discussion Challenge
- List of 2016 Challenges
- 2015 Discussion Challenge
- Current Giveaways
Author: Sarah Scheerger
- +2020 (49)
- —March (16)
- In the Red by Christopher Swiedler: A Stunning Survival Story Set on Mars!
- Sunday Post: Book Pre-order Campaigns & Giveaways Galore – 3/29/20
- March 2020 Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up & Giveaway!
- Google Searches Are Weird (AKA: You Found Me HOW?)
- Sunday Post: Book Pre-order Campaigns & Giveaways Galore – 3/22/20
- A Beginning at the End by Mike Chen: A Little Light Pandemic Reading, Anyone?
- Don't Check Out This Book! by Kate Klise & M. Sarah Klise: Blog Tour Review
- Sunday Post: Book Pre-order Campaigns & Giveaways Galore – 3/15/20
- Bite-Sized Reviews of Freaky in Fresno, Descendant of the Crane, Frazzled: Everyday Disasters and Impending Doom, & A Dash of Trouble
- All Those Deleted Drafts. Let's Discuss.
- Sunday Post: Book Pre-order Campaigns & Giveaways Galore – 3/8/20
- Fun with Spam #12
- If We Were Giants by Dave Matthews and Clete Barrett Smith
- February 2020 Wrap-Up & Best of the Bunch
- Sunday Post: Book Pre-order Campaigns & Giveaways Galore – 3/1/20
- March 2020 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway!
- +February (14)
- +January (19)
- —March (16)
- +2019 (192)
- +2018 (192)
- +2017 (232)
- +2016 (243)
- +2015 (241)
- +2014 (238)
- +2013 (205)
Reviews Coming Soon!
Grab My Button!
<div align="center"><a href="http://feedyourfictionaddiction.com/" title="Feed Your Fiction Addiction" target="_blank"><img src="http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/FeedYourFictionAddiction/media/FYFA-Fox-Girl-Button_zpsyqtu4d9h.png.html" alt="Feed Your Fiction Addiction" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Header and button artwork created by Tabitha. Check her site out HERE