There’s been lots of talk lately about what’s “appropriate” for YA. Alice over at Arctic Books recently wrote a post asking How Do You Define YA? and it really got me thinking. You see, my thoughts on the topic are complicated. As a mom of a 12-year-old and a 14-year-old, I find my stance on this more conservative than I would have expected when I was younger. My kids are at the young end of the YA spectrum, and I would honestly balk at handing them a lot of the YA books I’ve read. (And I certainly wouldn’t want them reading some of the books that people have been debating about whether they’re YA or not: books like Nevernight, which I reviewed earlier this week – click on the link to read that review and see my thoughts on the content.) Neither of my kids are really mature enough to handle… Read more »
- About Nicole
- Popular Features
- 2020 Book Blog Discussion Challenge Sign-Up
- Discussion Post Ideas
- Master List of 2019 Reading & Blogging Challenges
- 2019 Discussion Challenge
- 2018 Discussion Challenge
- List of 2018 Challenges
- 2017 Discussion Challenge
- 2017 Bookopoly Progress
- List of 2017 Challenges
- 2016 Discussion Challenge
- List of 2016 Challenges
- 2015 Discussion Challenge
- Current Giveaways
- +2020 (47)
- —March (14)
- March 2020 Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up & Giveaway!
- Google Searches Are Weird (AKA: You Found Me HOW?)
- Sunday Post: Book Pre-order Campaigns & Giveaways Galore – 3/22/20
- A Beginning at the End by Mike Chen: A Little Light Pandemic Reading, Anyone?
- Don't Check Out This Book! by Kate Klise & M. Sarah Klise: Blog Tour Review
- Sunday Post: Book Pre-order Campaigns & Giveaways Galore – 3/15/20
- Bite-Sized Reviews of Freaky in Fresno, Descendant of the Crane, Frazzled: Everyday Disasters and Impending Doom, & A Dash of Trouble
- All Those Deleted Drafts. Let's Discuss.
- Sunday Post: Book Pre-order Campaigns & Giveaways Galore – 3/8/20
- Fun with Spam #12
- If We Were Giants by Dave Matthews and Clete Barrett Smith
- February 2020 Wrap-Up & Best of the Bunch
- Sunday Post: Book Pre-order Campaigns & Giveaways Galore – 3/1/20
- March 2020 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway!
- +February (14)
- +January (19)
- —March (14)
- +2019 (192)
- +2018 (192)
- +2017 (232)
- +2016 (243)
- +2015 (241)
- +2014 (238)
- +2013 (205)
Reviews Coming Soon!
Grab My Button!
<div align="center"><a href="http://feedyourfictionaddiction.com/" title="Feed Your Fiction Addiction" target="_blank"><img src="http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/FeedYourFictionAddiction/media/FYFA-Fox-Girl-Button_zpsyqtu4d9h.png.html" alt="Feed Your Fiction Addiction" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Header and button artwork created by Tabitha. Check her site out HERE