Acceptance by Trish Beninato
Series: Jewel Trilogy #1
Published by Self Published on August 15th 2017
Genres: Young Adult, Paranormal
Source: I Edited It!
My content rating: YA (Nothing more than kissing)
When destiny and desire collide...
In a community full of supernatural powers, eighteen-year-old Jewel longs for a life of normalcy. But nothing in her life is ordinary. And suddenly she discovers she's more abnormal than she ever realized---complete with a past she never knew existed. Once a goddess from ancient Greece, Jewel is the main reason everyone has their special abilities.
As she struggles with her newfound knowledge, Jewel encounters the mysterious god of Egypt, Anubis. With a past she has no recollection of, she tries to deny the pull she has for the sexy god. But, destiny has other plans. As she uncovers more secrets about who she really is, Jewel is pulled into a dangerous world surrounded by a prophecy---a prophecy that both terrifies and intrigues her.
Will Jewel accept who she once was for a chance to become who she's meant to be?
It’s been awhile since I’ve featured a book I’ve edited on the blog, and I’m excited to introduce you to Acceptance by Trish Beninato!
I don’t write reviews of books I edit (since it’s a conflict of interest), but I will say that Acceptance is a really fun and unique take on mythology that I’ve never seen before. I’m looking forward to editing the next book so I can keep reading!
BLOGGERS, IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN A REVIEW COPY OF THE BOOK, LET ME KNOW VIA EMAIL OR IN THE COMMENTS AND I’LL BE HAPPY TO GET YOU ONE!
Check out Trish’s Top Ten Addictions. I have a feeling a lot of my readers will agree with her on some of these! She’s nerdy like the rest of us! 🙂
Trish’s Top Ten Addictions
- Marvel comics or anything Marvel: I grew up reading comics. I fell in love with the X-Men long, long before the movies started for the franchise. I keep little miniature marvel bobbleheads on my desk and arrange them in strange fighting positions on occasion. It was really fun at work because the kids would run over to see why a green puddle was on the ground and Hulk was missing or why Cyclops was pointing his visor at Magneto.
- Food: I think we can all agree on this one. Food, good food that is, is glorious to my pleasure receptors and why I am still hanging onto that last ten pounds of baby weight.
- Coffee: when I was an assistant director for a past job, I worked crazy, odd early morning hours and had a newborn. By the end of the month back from maternity leave I was practically ready for an IV drip of expresso.
- Star Wars: I’m going to admit it, I’m not a trekkie (although I do enjoy some of the shows), but I do get down with my Sith Lordness. Join me on the dark side, we are way cooler. Unless, you’re Han Solo. In that case, I just went rogue. Harrison Ford was and always will be my first crush!
- Books: Books, books, books errrbody’! I love to read. I always have. I would sneak my mother’s adult romances, if I couldn’t find anything good or had read all of my own books. Which was an interesting introduction to sex education, ha ha ha. Don’t do it. Don’t sneak books! My favorite types of books are in both adult and young adult genres of anything from fantasy, sci-fi, paranormal, historical romances and so forth. I’m not a fan of crime, mystery, horror or thriller books. Although, mad respect for the market!
- Hiking: I like to hike, or at least until I am huffing on the side from lack of oxygen and exhaustion. I live in Colorado and the adventure here is literally in our backyard. I write about how my character hikes and enjoys it because its peaceful. I however, do not have the luxury of hiking alone (although that sounds amazing). We throw our two-year-old on our backs and drag our older kids along. We’ve done a ton of hikes here and still have a few places on our list to try out.
- Traveling or moving: Now I know I said I love Colorado and I do. I intend to retire here one day, but I am a child of the military, and my husband is also in the military. After a while, I get angsty in one place. After three years, I’m ready to go somewhere new!
- Writing: I started writing here and there throughout my life. I completed several other novels that I learned from and then abandoned. But I feel I have to write. The characters get inside my head and are practically demanding I tell their story. So, perhaps not an addiction, but a need.
- Painting: I started my degree in studio arts. I paint with oils or any medium and can draw. After a year of being in the program, I realized it wasn’t something I could do for a living. Not because I didn’t have talent or ambition, but because every time I painted, it was a piece of me I was putting on canvas or paper. And I couldn’t put a price on a part of myself. So, I switched to teaching. And now I paint for me and people I care about.
- Comic Conventions: Yes, I go every year to at least one. I met Stan Lee. The highlight of my life! Seriously, I will die a very happy geek. I love going and taking pics with the cosplayer’s and might even rock a Black Widow or Darth Vaderett costume of my own. And seeing what’s new or coming, meeting the actors, artists, creators and writers of some of my favorite things. I even sat on the Iron Throne and it felt perfect. Watch out Seven Kingdoms, here I come!
What a fun list! I am now totally jealous because I would love to live in Colorado and be able to hike whenever I want. We spent a month there a couple of years ago, and it was pure heaven!!
About the Author
Trish Beninato is a young adult fantasy/scifi indie author, who has an unhealthy love for Marvel comics and Star Wars. She is desperately trying to make thirty the new twenty and lives in Colorado with her husband, three children and her adorable rescue pup. She was born in Indian and raised around the world, spending most of her youth in Hopkinsville, Kentucky. She has a love for traveling and moving to new places thanks to being a child of the military and now spouse to a military soldier. In her spare time she works with young children, paints and hikes around the Rocky Mountains.
Trish is giving away a Nook Reader as part of her tour with Enticing Journey Book Promotions. Just click on the link to be brought to the Rafflecopter and enter to win!!