Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is:
Top Ten Books That Should be Movies (or TV Shows)
- Unwind by Neal Shusterman – This book has an amazing premise and presents so many questions about the importance of life and freedom. It’s also very action-packed, so I think it would play well on the big screen.
- The Selection by Keira Cass – Considering how much people like shows like The Bachelor, this one should be a natural, right?
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – This could translate into a sweet romance on screen and it would definitely have a huge following. Of course, they’d have to find the perfect people to play the leads or everyone would revolt!
- Evertaster by Adam Glendon Sidwell – This is a middle grade novel and the whole time I was reading it, I kept thinking, this should be a kids’ movie! It was funny and full of great action scenes and it just felt like a fun kids’ cartoon movie!
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver – This loveless world would make for a really interesting film if it was done right! (They’d have to do the whole series, of course!) This one also might work well as a TV series so that you could really live in their world.
- Splintered by A.G. Howard – People love new takes on Alice in Wonderland. Howard’s Wonderland is crazily creepy and all sorts of fun!
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey – Alien movies are always a good bet!
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis – The world onboard the ship is so incredibly unique and the story seems like it would translate well to film or TV. This is one that might actually play out better on TV because you would really get to see what life on the ship was like!
- The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa – This fairy world would be beautiful onscreen! And the story is amazing, so someone should turn this into a movie!
- The Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan – I need someone to turn these books into a TV series just so I can see what happens in the books without having to read them all! (Plus, when it was transferred to the small screen, they would take out some of those pesky minor characters that Jordan loves to tell us so much about – I can’t keep them all straight!). No, but really, this series would make a great fantasy TV series and there’s plenty of material for many seasons of shows!
Any books you were wishing you could see on the big (or small) screen?
Leave a Reply