Series: More #3
Also in this series: More
Published by TWCS Publishing House on 10/9/14
Source: Blog Tour
My content rating: PG-13 (Characters are NA aged, but sex is only vaguely mentioned; Some violence)
Ava Michaels is gifted, powerful, and — whether she likes it or not — part of a plot to take over the world.
It’s only been a few months since Ava Michaels discovered she has ties to an ancient people living in the shadows of the human world, despite their superior gifts and abilities. A select few don’t like hiding, however, and think it’s time to take control.
Now Ava’s caught up in a conspiracy in the works before she was even born. In fact, her birth was an integral part of the plan. She’s one of the Twelve, the most powerful Race ever created, and they were created for a purpose.
Turns out, Ava doesn’t like being told what to do.
All she wants is to start a new life with her boyfriend, Caleb Foster, but before they can even think about that, they must join forces with former enemies, seek out some powerful new friends, and figure out what exactly the Twelve, and their power-hungry leader, are up to.
Then, they have to find a way to stop them.
The action-packed conclusion to the MORE Trilogy is here!
I’ve been anxiously waiting to see how this series was going to end, and Twelve did not disappoint! It was full of action and suspense, plus it gave us some Caleb and Ava on the side!
This book picks up where The Guardians left off. Ava and Caleb are with the Guardians, but the group knows that the only way to defeat Ava’s maniacal father is to join forces with the Council. Of course, that might be easier said than done. Plus, they’ll need to find as many members of The Twelve (Ava’s powerful brothers and sisters) before the Rogues get ahold of them first – because time is running out before the final confrontation.
What I LOVED:
- Ava’s brothers and sisters. We got to meet some more of Ava’s brothers and sisters in this book and learn more about The Twelve. There were also plenty more clashes, so we were able to see their powers in action. It was interesting to see her siblings’ interactions with their father – he was able to manipulate some of them easily (like Emma), but others resisted him. I loved seeing Ava’s connection to her brothers and sisters grow as well – it really raised the stakes in the final battle!
- Surprises. There were quite a few twists and turns in this book, some of which I didn’t see coming at all. Ava finds a really ingenious solution to a big problem – I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I realized what had happened (but I can’t give away any details!!)
- Precarious relationships. Franklin further explored the many complex relationships in this book. The Guardians and the Council had a precarious alliance at best, made more complicated by the fact that Caleb’s mother and father were forced back together again after having been on opposite sides for so long. Ava was as headstrong and stubborn as ever, so her relationship with both the Guardians and the Council was always interesting. Caleb’s relationship with his mother continued to be strained, and Ava’s relationship with her siblings (and her father) was explored as well. Throw in some tension between Caleb and Ava (due to her inability to be completely honest with him), and things get very sticky indeed!
- The ending. The ending has pretty much everything you could want for a series finale – high stakes, heart-pounding action, drama and heart. The first two books prepared us for an epic supernatural showdown, and that’s what we got!
- Nothing specific. I really can’t think of anything specific that bothered me about this book. I did feel like it took me a little while to get back into the story after having been away from it for so long, but that’s to be expected.
Definitely a fitting end for our heroes. Franklin gave us an exciting and emotional finale! I give it 4.5/5 stars.
***Disclosure: This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. No other compensation was given and all opinions are my own.***
If you haven’t read the first two books, now is the time – all three books are ON SALE for a LIMITED TIME on select platforms!
In addition to MORE and its sequel, The Guardians, Franklin penned the Amazon best-selling short stories A Piece of Cake and Window, which also won a Blogger Book Fair Reader’s Choice Award for Short Story/Fantasy. Her new YA romance, How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love with You, is Franklin’s first love story without a paranormal or fantasy element, although she believes love is the best kind of magic.
TWELVE, the final installment in the MORE Trilogy will be released October 9, 2014.
Connect with T.M. Franklin