Series: More #2
Also in this series: More
Published by Writer's Coffee Shop on 11/7/13
Genres: Paranormal, Romance
Source: Blog Tour
My content rating: PG (Nothing more than kissing)
Ava's life is . . . complicated.
It’s not every day a girl discovers she’s not entirely human and unlocks hidden powers strong enough to make even the First Race take notice. Then again, Ava Michaels is no ordinary girl.
Now, the Race’s Ruling Council wants her under their control, and that’s just the beginning of her problems. Her boyfriend, Caleb Foster, has disappeared—accused of betraying the Race—and Ava herself is implicated in a crime she didn’t commit.
Clearing their names will mean uncovering a web of deceit and intrigue with Ava woven right in the center. To unravel the strands, she joins forces with some unlikely allies; a Protector who once haunted her nightmares, a young girl with secrets as unexpected as Ava’s, and a group of rebel Guardians who have their own fight against the Council.
Together they stand in a battle to find the truth, bring Caleb home, and secure Ava’s freedom—not to mention save her life.
The Guardians is an exciting sequel to MORE – I loved this book even more than the first book in the series!! We get to learn more about the Race and see our favorite characters put in all sorts of perilous situations – what else can you ask for?
- Could have used more Caleb and Ava? This is honestly getting very nitpicky. While thinking about this book, this is the only negative I could really come up with, but it didn’t even bother me all that much. Since the book starts out three months after book #1 ended, Caleb and Ava’s relationship has advanced quite a bit. We get to see their new bond, but Caleb and Ava are separated for a good portion of The Guardians, so we don’t get to see that relationship really develop as much as you might like. However, see below for an explanation of why I was okay with this…
- Caleb and Ava. Even though we didn’t get to see the real development of Caleb and Ava’s relationship, I was actually fine with that because we had already seen the slow build in the first book. I was already really invested in that relationship from reading MORE and I was actually very excited to see that Caleb and Ava were together and really happy when The Guardians picked up three months later. And, while Caleb and Ava are separated for a good portion of The Guardians, I LOVED them together when we did get to see them that way. Especially toward the end of the book, when they are reunited, their relationship is incredibly sweet and I loved that the strength of their bond withstands all of the challenges that are thrown their way!
- Ava’s strength. Ava is an incredibly strong heroine who takes matters in her own hands when things get tough. When Caleb is in trouble, she takes it upon herself to save him and she doesn’t back down. I loved that her powers also kick into high gear in this book!
- Tiernan. Surprisingly for fans of MORE, one of the best characters in The Guardians is Tiernan, who terrorized Ava in the first book. We got to know Tiernan a lot better than this book and a really good guy is revealed underneath his gruff exterior. His banter with Ava was fun, and I loved that he really believed in his ideals and stuck to them, but not to the point of being bullheaded. I gained a lot of respect for Tiernan in this book.
- The suspense. This book was filled with suspense – I was incredibly invested in finding out what was going on with Caleb and who was pulling the strings. I was also excited to learn more about The Guardians and The Rogues and to gain insight into Ava’s history. At the climax of the book, I was gripping my seat, terrified about what might happen to my favorite characters! I am definitely looking forward to book #3 in this series and I can’t wait to find out what happens next!!
Author Bio: T.M. Franklin started out her career writing non-fiction in a television newsroom. Graduating with a B.A. in Communications specializing in broadcast journalism and production, she worked for nine years as a major market television news producer, and garnered two regional Emmy Awards, before she resigned to be a full-time mom and part-time freelance writer. After writing and unsuccessfully querying a novel that she now admits, “is not that great,” she decided to follow the advice of one of the agents who turned her down—write some more and get better at it. Her first published novel, MORE, was born during National Novel Writing month, a challenge to write a novel in thirty days.She lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, Mike, is mom to two boys, Justin and Ryan, and has an enormous black dog named Rocky who’s always lying nearby while she’s writing. Whether he’s soothed by the clicking of the computer keys or just waiting for someone to rub his belly is up for debate.In addition to MORE and The Guardians, Franklin penned the Amazon best-selling short story, Window, as well as another short story, A Piece of Cake, which appears in the Romantic Interludes anthology.
[…] by T.M. Franklin Series: More #3 Also in this series: More, The Guardians Published by TWCS Publishing House on 10/9/14 Pages: 196 Source: Blog Tour My content rating: PG-13 […]
She sounds quite powerful, and that ruling council has just got to go….