Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
This week was crazy, as predicted (in last week’s Sunday Post). I ran hospitality for my daughter’s home gymnastics meet, feeding probably 200 people over the weekend. Those of you who read my blog regularly know that I am not an organized person. How I ever let myself get roped into this job, I will never know (I actually did it last year too, but I co-chaired with someone who was very organized and did half the work – this year, I ended up doing about 90% of the work because my co-chair just wasn’t available to do much). Oh, and the drama! There were so many people who just wanted to complain about things. (Oh, they just have fried chicken? Why is there so much pasta? There are so many cakes. There’s no more cream cheese for the bagels? Why don’t they have someone monitoring the volunteer room at all times?) I honestly wanted to pull my hair out by the end and yell, “Anyone who wants this job can totally have it! Feel free to jump right in!!” Ugh! The judges and coaches were all very wonderful and gracious, though (it was a bunch of the other volunteers who just wanted to complain). And since I’m a total people pleaser (as you just found out from my post on Thursday), this made the whole experience stressful and miserable. Anyway, I needed somewhere to vent, so you guys get to read about my personal drama this week. I’m sure you’re thrilled!
Here on the blog, I didn’t get quite as many posts up, but I’m sure you can figure out why from my little rant up there. Things should be getting back to normal soon, though! I didn’t get to my month end round-up or my review of Red Queen. Those should be coming next week!
Here’s what you may have missed this past week:
- We Are the Goldens by Dana Reinhardt (review)
- In His Keeping by Maya Banks (review & giveaway)
- Let’s Discuss – I Wasn’t Stressed About Blogging Until I Found Out I Was Doing it Wrong
- February 2015 Discussion Challenge Link-up (& Giveaway) – Yep, we’re ready for February! Make sure you stop by often to read our discussions!
Next week on FYFA:
I was going to say that I have absolutely no idea, since I’ve had no time to think about next week. But then I looked at my calendar and saw that I have two blog tours coming up this week. Better get moving on those posts!
- How I Fly by Ann Eliot (review & giveaway)
- Racing Hearts by Laura Lascarso (review & giveaway)
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (review)
- Let’s Discuss … Something. I really have no idea at this moment, but we’ll be discussing something.
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Make sure you check out the last of the January discussions for the 2015 Discussion Challenge!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- 2015 Discussion Challenge January Link-up (& Giveaway) – This is your last chance to enter to win the January giveaway (I gave you all a few extra days to link up your posts and enter in case you’re disorganized blogger like me).
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins – Still time to enter to win a signed hardcover!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Wishful Endings – Enter to win an eBook prize package of five Month9Books of your choice!
- 14 Days of Swoon Blog Hop – This one seems so fun!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!